Role: Agile Delivery Lead, DevOps & Automation
We are looking for an Agile Delivery Lead to join our busy and dynamic Automation team based in our Richmond Hill office!
Are you our next star player?
You will become part a of SRE Tribe where you will support the delivery process for several projects within SRE Automation and DevOps Guild. Come and join a new team to deliver exciting new products featuring rock-solid stability, high velocity code-shipping and ground-breaking innovation. We’re lean, we’re agile, and you’re in good company: you’ll be standing on the shoulders of the giants who created the most popular apps and products of their kind.
Why we need you
PokerStars is looking for hard working, innovative Agile Delivery Lead who is keen to lead projects for innovative infrastructure products used to enable gaming for millions of players.
Responsibilities will include:
- You’ll work on the most critical, strategic projects at the heart of the world’s largest public online gaming business, with funding and opportunities to match our huge ambition
- You will be given opportunity to work on greenfield development projects with the best product and technology professionals to ensure the successful delivery of products used by millions around the world
- You’ll be part of the award-winning Flutter tech family, learning new skills and developing yourself in new ways
- As Agile Delivery Lead You will report into IT PDO Team Lead and will work with a number of our in- house squads to facilitate the delivery of high-quality customer focused services using Lean and Agile methods
- You will be a conduit for internal and external (cross-tribe) communication, bringing people and teams together to best tackle current issues as well as having responsibility for the co-ordination, management and delivery of projects assigned to you
- You will build a partnership with each squad by promoting a collaborative approach based on Agile values and principles
- You will be a process mentor to the squad’s use of the suitable delivery methodology and will support them in the removal of impediments and blockers
- You will build relationships with key partners in the business and work with the Product Managers to help facilitate the prioritization of work from a technical and product roadmap perspective.
- You will be an outstanding leader and role model within your team, demonstrating a strong delivery ethic using Agile values and principles through your thinking, processes and actions
- You will facilitate the delivery of high-quality software regularly, repeatedly and predictably using a metric driven approach to continuous improvement
- As an Agile Delivery Lead you are passionate about communication, group dynamics and coaching and you are not afraid to raise issues and inspire change to remove impediments from your team
- You should have an unflagging appetite for learning new things and improving existing ones. If you’re the right person for us, you pay attention to details and take great pride in your work
Who we’re looking for:
- You understand and apply Agile and waterfall delivery techniques.
- You easily recognise when something does not work and encourage an approach of experimentation
- You are adaptable and reflect when measuring and evaluating outcomes
- You have experience and deep knowledge over SDLC
- You are good at handling partners’ expectations, be flexible and proactively communicate
- You can clearly present and convey business problems and make recommendations
- You have experience facilitating difficult discussions within the team or with diverse, senior stakeholders
- You have been responsible for the delivery flow of a team, running the pace and tempo
- You can actively address internal and external risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team
- You can produce and interpret delivery metrics
- You can identify and challenge organisational processes. You add value and coach the organisation to inspect and adapt processes.
- You can guide teams through the implementation of a new process.
- You have experience using data to advise planning and to provide delivery confidence
- You can remove blockers and impediments that affect the plan, and can ensure teams plan appropriately for their own capacity
- And most important you are aware of the importance of team dynamics, collaboration and empowering delivery teams
- You also understand the importance of regular feedback
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Any knowledge or experience in the online gaming industry will be an advantage
- Any technical knowledge related to Amazon AWS, VMware ESXi, automatic configuration management, CI/CD will be considered as huge advantage
- Some knowledge of DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering
- Ability to multi-function and effectively take care of the context switching required to run multiple projects
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- free snacks and catered lunch
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone/zoom interview, and if that goes well, we’ll meet you for another zoom or face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.