As a senior member of the Technology organisation reporting to the VP of Infrastructure, you will be responsible for leading a globally distributed IT function that provides enterprise and workplace technology capabilities to the International Division of Flutter. You will define and execute the vision and strategy for the IT services and infrastructure that enable our staff to achieve business goals.
As one of the Flutter group’s workplace technology leaders you will have an input to group-wide initiatives and future-state development. As an experienced leader and developer of highly effective professionals and managers, you will inspire and motivate your teams through great ambitions and high standards.
The role demands close alignment to business strategy and a transparent engagement with stakeholders. You will work with peers and leaders from across Flutter’s divisions to share in technological innovations and improvements to ways of working.
- Lead and develop an outcome led enterprise IT function that aligns with industry best practices and modern ways of working
- Ensure that the services provided by IT are frequently reviewed and relevant to business needs
- Contribute to managing the Technology risk profile by prioritising security and compliance commitments
- Work with the procurement and finance teams to accurately forecast future spend and maximise return on investments
- Frequently engage with customers and stakeholders to build meaningful business relationships, particularly those with the highest of technology needs
- Grow and develop autonomous teams that delivery customer centric solutions and position Technology services for scalable growth
- Inspire and motivate others to adopt transformational goals and rally around strategic bets
- Promote a culture of diversity and inclusion. Nurture employee engagement by creating opportunities and investing in their future
- Develop the management team by building their capabilities as individuals and as a group. Prepare future leaders for additional responsibilities
- Manage multiple workstreams to deliver key programmes of work using agile methodology
- Oversee ITSM activities and define the workplace IT operating model. Lead improvements to service and operational levels that can be measured and reported on
- Prioritise and co-ordinate new work requests using agile framework and dependency mapping
- Identify root cause for outages, service level interruptions and defects. Develop remediation plans to resolve issues
- Work with Security, Compliance and Risk teams to align on governance policies and operating requirements. Act as a key contact for audit activities
- Some global travel required as necessary (not applicable at present due to ongoing Covid-19 regulations and guidelines)
Essential Skills and Capabilities
- A total of 10+ years’ experience within IT infrastructure / operations
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in senior IT operations management positions, with preference to managing Enterprise IT within large international organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge of infrastructure planning and operations, design and deployment, and system lifecycle management
- Experience with MS Windows domains, MS Exchange, information security and virtualization
- Experience with global vendor outsourcing models, including cloud and other managed services
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology directions and strategic application to business needs
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of diverse scope in a cross-functional environment
- Strong business acumen in managing budgets and costs, developing business cases, and delivering cost effective solutions
- Strategic focus and ability to develop roadmaps and align priorities across different parts of the organization and global divisions
- You are obsessed with metrics and manage by data
- Ability to think strategically and always consider the big (multi-year) picture
- Agile mindset and experience in cultural and organizational transformation
- Attention to detail, thorough and meticulous
- Lead by example – take responsibility and accountability
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality solutions within defined timeframes and simultaneously manage several programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly present ideas at all levels to achieve the required results
- Ability to work under pressure within tight timeframes and deadlines
- Projects enthusiasm and motivation and a desire to learn
- Embrace the change and be comfortable with shifting priorities and ongoing impact assessment
- “The right tool for the job” mentality, methodical approach to vendor and solution management and selection
- Service-oriented mentality and strive for excellence
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus, and we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to the Isle of Man.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- £1,000 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- a subsidised canteen which offers hot and cold options for breakfast and lunch
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.