As the Associate Director of Mobile Development for the Mobile Group in the Dublin office, you will report into the Director of Mobile Technology.
Are you our next star player?
You have a blend of technical and interpersonal skills. You have experience in both organizational, design and software development. You’ll serve as a mentor for multiple team leads, overseeing performance management and career growth. You will also work with the other discipline leads to guarantee a clear vision is in place and that the team understands and executes against that vision. You possess the ability to function in a fast-changing environment where being agile is critical.
Why we need you:
As a Senior Technology Leader within the Flutter International technology organization, the role involves working closely alongside senior management peers under the PokerStars regime.
- Support and manage a team of software engineer team leads (5 leads).
- Mentor the team leads into successful leaders within the organisation.
- Work with team leads in sourcing/hiring processes to identify and hire engineers.
- Setting and maintaining of team goals to support Mobile Groups initiatives.
- Utilize Stars Group tools to maintain team proficiency within respective areas to ensure efficiency in daily activities while meeting Mobile Groups goals.
- Establish guidance and best practices with regards to design, code and release and operational support for the products and solutions produced by Mobile Group.
- Hands on experience of modern development/testing/deployment methodologies, such as Agile SDLC, BDD/TDD, CI/CD, and source control strategies.
- Ownership of key Software Engineering Documents for the Mobile Group including Coding Standards, Secure Coding Standards and contributing to the regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the delivery builds on architectural framework defined by the Director of Mobile.
- Work with the Associate Director of Delivery for the Mobile Group to identify and manage risks in delivery and flag early.
- Work with the QA Manager for the Mobile Group to ensure a delivery schedule is agreed, met and code is of high quality.
- Monitor the health and quality of the app in production and ensure issues are addressed within agreed timelines.
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field or equivalent experience
- 8+ years professional experience as a software engineer (senior level or higher) and 2+ years of experience as a manager with HR responsibility
- Experience with delivery of Mobile Apps and Web for iOS and Android within an Agile SDLC
- Experience with leading teams that are geographically distributed
- Experience managing and guiding leaders and team members through influence rather than command and control techniques
- Excellent communication, organisation, planning and collaboration skills.
- Gambling License experience strong asset.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Dublin.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 EUR for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- access to an onsite gym.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.