Associate Director of Security Operations
We are looking for an experienced, senior, security leader to join the growing information security team within the International Division of Flutter Entertainment PLC. Flutter owns and operates a series of world-renowned sports betting, online casino, and poker brands. These include Poker Stars, Sky Bet, Betfair, Paddy Power, Fanduel and Sportsbet. This role is focused on our International Division and specifically the Poker Stars Poker, Casino, and Sports Betting brands.
Are you our next star player?
You will lead a team of managers and department heads, that lead teams, to act as our 1st responders for when security controls fail and/or incidents occur. You will also provide guidance and direction to the leaders that design and operate vulnerability management controls and ensure that the output of these controls is landing with the right stakeholders. You will oversee managers that operate data loss prevention and access governance controls.
Why we need you?
We cannot afford to get it wrong when it comes to maintaining player trust. If we do not protect what our players entrust to us and do not offer them a secure, compliant, and fair experience, they will go elsewhere. In addition, we want to allow our people to work with our most sensitive information assets but not expose or leak them.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an established security leader with a strong technical background. The ideal candidate will also be currently managing managers
- Extensive experience of leading and developing managers and department heads tasked with protecting sensitive information assets in a fast moving, demanding, online business
- A background and experience in the thought leadership associated with the creation of effective 1st and 2nd line security controls.
- Experience in the design and operation of capabilities and team’s setup to detect control failure g. vulnerability scanning, data loss prevention and access governance
- Experience of managing leaders that are attempting to drive best practice around the securing of public cloud across player and employee workloads
- A background in 1st line security incident response capabilities and experience of mentoring managers whilst also leading the way through complex and demanding security incidents
- Knowledge of agile development, devops and secure SDLC
- Experience in the design and oversight of red and purple team assessments
- Experience of leading managers that operate and oversee SIEM and IDS capabilities and controls
- Experience of working with other senior stakeholders to ensure that information security is well positioned with all stakeholders.
- Experience of working in and supporting an information security management system certified to ISO27001:2013
You will have come up through the technical ranks from either technical systems security, application security or software delivery.
Whilst you have held onto and maintained your technical skills you are now firmly in the leadership space and you can provide an astute level of technical leadership to the managers that report to you
You can take complex security issues and challenges and successfully explain them to all your stakeholders
You can demonstrate a refined qualitative and quantitative aspect to your written and verbal style.
You are an expert problem solver, crafting usable and persuasive security solutions to complex problems. You are a strong communicator who can build successful relationships with fellow technology leaders and other key stakeholders. You keep up to date with the latest industry trends and share this with internal communities. You enjoy working in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal culture. You thrive in a fast-paced, outcome driven organisation.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- £1,000 as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.