We are looking for an AWS Cloud Engineer to become a star for our SportsTech team in Sofia, Bulgaria.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned
As an AWS Cloud Engineer, you will have the opportunity to join a multinational team of more than 20 experienced engineers. Along with working with a small team, we are on the hunt for someone to build, automate and streamline the operations and processes we have here. You’d be the one to support building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations as well as solving issues in our Development / QA / UAT / Production environments for a variety of different projects.
Work collaboratively with Software Development and IT Operations to deploy and operate our systems.
Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Help build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our Dev, QA/UAT and Production environments for a wide range of projects in Amazon AWS landscape.
Maintain, upgrade, and configure our Internal services.
Skills and Capabilities
- Extensive working in an IT infrastructure role with strong background in Linux and Cloud administration (preferably Amazon AWS)
- Ability to use a wide variety of open-source technologies
- Experience with VMware virtualized environments is a plus
- A working understanding of code and scripting (Python, Bash)
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Good knowledge of running/configuring Apache and Nginx web servers
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Good knowledge of networking
- Experience with Atlassian products (Crowd, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- A self-starter with the ability to make progress with minimal supervision
- Good diplomacy skills and the ability to liaise with technical and business people
- Results focused with excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with relational databases. (NoSQL experience, such as Cassandra, Redis, and MongoDB is a plus.)
- Experience with Messaging middleware and AMQP (i.e., Kafka, Artemis, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with Cloud services (experience with AWS would be nice)
- Experience with Linux package managers (i.e., rpm, yum)
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Salt, Puppet, Chef, or an equivalent
- Experience with APM tools such as NewRelic or SysDig
- Certified in Cloud, Linux, VMware
- Good knowledge of Mac OS X a definite plus
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
Your package will include:
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- A great yearly bonus based on performance
- A 1,000 BGN as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- Personal e-learning courses and training supporting the development in your career
External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career.
- 25 days annual leave
- A sports’ card membership valid across the country
- In-house yoga and gymnastic classes, as well as dances
- Discounts as a compliment form us among different services
- Free snacks, fruits and drinks in the office
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.