The Role: AWS DevOps Engineer
We are looking for an AWS DevOps Engineer to join our Data Platform team in Leeds.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission aligned.
Are you our next Star Player:
Come and join a new team to build exciting new products featuring rock-solid stability, high-velocity code-shipping and ground-breaking innovation. We are the foundations of the Busies Intelligence and Data Platform – DevOps is at the centre of everything we do! And you’re in good company: you’ll be standing on the shoulders of the giants who created the most popular apps and products of their kind.
Why we need you:
- As a Data platform AWS DevOps Engineer, you’ll manage and govern the Data Platform Cloud platform resources through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- You will help shape this environment and create the conditions for healthy operations. You’ll maintain AWS cloud environments, data resources and processes.
- You’ll be designing and following strong security framework to ensure enterprise levels of identity and access control.
- Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist Architects, Data Engineers, and Developer teams with designing and implementing complex data platform solutions.
Who’re looking for:
- You have at least 3+ years’ experience in IT infrastructure role, you have experience with AWS Cloud services, Infrastructure as a code. Experience with automation and resource management.
- Excellent understand of access control, IAM best practices and security auditing.
- Expertise with Software-defined network, solid knowledge in Linux and/or Windows operating systems.
- You are an energetic person and proactive thinker; you have great organizational skills and can plan work independently. You are flexible and easily adapt to a rapidly changing environment. You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You have an academic degree in Computer Science or IT/IS.
- Proven ability to deploy and automate Amazon AWS infrastructure within an enterprise environment (Terraform, AWS CDK)
- Trained or Experienced and Certified in Amazon AWS cloud platform
- Familiarity with Jenkins
- CI/CD enterprise experience
- Experience of at least one scripting or programming language
- Creation and enforcement of security policies to CIS standards
- Able to produce written technical content; experienced in presenting to a mixed-skilled audience
- Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery planning experience is an advantage
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus, and we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- Discounted gym membership
- In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.