We are looking for a Software Developer to join our Casino Game Development team in Richmond Hill, Toronto.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission aligned.
Are you our next star player?
The Software Developer will be instrumental in delivering projects within their specified deadlines with a high degree of confidence and quality. Being accountable for the changes implemented and any challenges that arise, you will also work with your team to create and design new products based on business requirements, adding new features and providing ongoing support for existing products.
Why we need you
Reporting directly to the Team Lead, Casino Game Development, the Software Developer will:
- Work with stakeholders to model and analyse functional business requirements for required casino server changes ensuring SDLC and best practices are followed
- Participate in the software development process from design to release, including design, document and develop solutions as well as server code review and peer design activities
- Write clean, structured, object-oriented code with change and reuse in mind
- Ensure that all code written is well planned and tested thoroughly before submitting it for code-review, including participating in unit and integration testing
- Provide support including participating in the rotation for server restart duties, investigations and trouble-shootings on casino server issues found in testing and production environments
- Participate in researching, producing POCs, and evaluating new methodologies and technologies that improve quality, reliability, scalability, security, and performance of Casino technology
- Help Architects and Technical Leads perform system and gap analysis with given requirements to define functional and non-functional requirements needed to design the best technical solutions
- Mentor and guide other developers by providing quality coaching and ensuring proper execution of their tasks
- Any other requests coming from management
Who we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer technology or related field
- Solid Core Java development experience with thorough understanding of the language and related frameworks
- Some C++ experience in development is required
- Excellent coding skills, ability to produce clean, robust and accurate code that meets the specifications
- Strong knowledge of web application development environments is an asset
- Experience in RDBMS and SQL
- Solid knowledge of Windows OS internals (WIN32 API and Multi-threading), and cross-platform programming disciplines and libraries such as STL
- Knowledge of computer networking and distributed applications
- Knowledge of probability, statistics and different casino game rules is an asset
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle, analytical, problem-solving and communications skills
- Capacity for being detail-oriented, well organized and can manage multiple projects at the same time
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and JIRA is an assest
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of $1,900 for your new addition whilst working for us
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- Free snacks and catered lunch
- In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for our Software Developer role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.