The role: Betfair International Sports Analyst
We are looking for a Sports Analyst to join our growing Betfair International team in our Dublin office.
Are you our next star player?
The Sports Analyst will play a key role in understanding our customers and performance drivers. The analytics department brings data to life – partnering with stakeholders to add insight and analysis to key decision-making processes. Betfair International seeks to improve its localisation across all of its managed jurisdictions with particular focus on Brazil, Colombia, Spain, Italy and Romania. As our aspirations for sports betting in international markets grow, our analytical resource must grow to match.
Why we need you:
Reporting into the Sports Analytics Manager, the Sports Analyst will delve into performance tracking & customer analytics to fully understand the key drivers of our business. They will be tasked with analysing and identifying new opportunities and efficiencies for the international business, helping to advise commercial decision-making.
- Collate data and insights from a range of visualisation tools and data sources to reach the most accurate conclusions
- Use data and logic to understand customer behaviours and performance drivers to develop impactful insights
- Encourage a data led approach to the decision-making process within the International team
- Work closely with the commercial team to understand what impact initiatives have on performance and how we can initiate the next best action
Who are we looking for:
- Customer Obsessed: Sees problems through the eyes of a customer and places the customer at the heart of what we do when looking to drive action
- Analytical Problem Solver: enjoys working with data and can discover trends in large data sets to understand not only what is happening but why. Constantly explores and analyse future scenarios and possibilities to help respond to change and craft the future; drives self and others to pursue opportunities that will build balanced value
- Quality Decision Maker: ability to motivate change through a willingness to give their view and take action. Can make quality, long and short-term decisions based on the data and insight that is available
- Wins Together: a great teammate that partners well with others across the organisation to get work done and encourages colleagues to strive for greatness
- Courage: You work through difficult problems with partners in an honest and reasoned way to deliver the best solutions for Flutter International
- Betting Expert: Understanding of the economics and psychology of Sports betting
The ideal candidate will also have:
- 1+ years commercial experience in a customer focussed analytical, statistical, or quantitative role driving business decisions
- Must have hands on experience with SQL, Excel & other BI tools
- Previous track record of working across a sophisticated organisation
- Previous track record of managing a variety of stakeholders
- Previous track record of working with data to build business insights and recommendations
- Knowledge of / keen interest in online sports betting a plus
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Dublin.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 EUR for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- access to an onsite gym.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a Zoom phone interview and if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a Zoom video interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.