We are looking for a talented and experienced build and release technologist who can strategically partner with application Development, Quality Assurance, DevOps, IT Service Management, Operations and Product teams to drive the release and deployment process, managing both schedules and build controls to ensure that deployment of releases deliver new functionality while protecting the quality and integrity of existing services.
Are you our next star player?
Primary activities will be heavily focused on both operations and technical process improvements — for example, contributing to delivery pipeline and tooling improvements, service management disciplines such as change, configuration management and release governance. The focus of the roles is to ensure that new code will be safely propagated to production, in an efficient manner, minimizing handoffs, whilst at the same improving the flow and consolidation of data through the release ecosystem and SDLC.
You will work with Release Managers, QA and compliance teams to understand, map and automate pre- and post-deployment conditions, test executions, quality thresholds and approval gates into the release pipelines to ensure successful deployment, quality and regulatory requirements.
This role will also be critical in our Test Environment Management strategy and maintenance, providing contexts into the control of software versioning and software baseline configurations across pre-production environments (on-premise and cloud) to guarantee stable environments for execution of test scenarios; and work with DevOps and SRE teams to identify solutions and capabilities to reduce “drift” between test environments and production.
We are looking for someone with technical knowledge, including an understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines, feature toggling, gradual exposure, branch handling, etc. Experience with build processes, methods, tools, and reports that will enable and empower release management, while also able to effectively communicate with technical and product SMEs.
Why we need you:
- Deploy and validate software releases on different stages and environments, work with DevOps and Software Engineers to improve deploy predictability and quality, work with QA and Software Engineers to drive better unit and integration coverage.
- Active participant in shaping the strategic definition, implementation and ongoing management of the Release framework; including governance and control, standards, processes, procedures and policies.
- Engage collaboratively with peer DevOps, SRE, Platform, IT and Development teams to create and maintain tools to collectively define, improve, extend and feed pipeline framework capabilities.
- Develop automation scripts and automation tools to build, integrate, test, deploy and report on software releases across environments and stages, for example Strengthen Jira-Jenkins integration, facilitating application version deployment visibility per environment, provide self-service or triggered deployments, real-time reports and dashboards.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in developing and executing a robust test and release process, promoting and driving a culture of efficient and fast delivery whilst identify and removing waste and accelerating time to value.
- Actively participate in the build and maintenance a Test Environment management strategy and implementation of optimal test environment baselines, software configuration management with a strong focus on cost/process optimization
- Establish and maintain Rollback Points/Objectives, work with developers to troubleshoot build problems, run build reports and document build procedures, coordinate with teams to produce documentation and Change/Release notes
- Proactively identify, recommend and implement improvements to support the existing change and configuration management process.
- Assist IT Audits information gathering as necessary to provide data and evidence to ensure process and regulatory compliance across the release framework and pipelines
Who we’re looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, Business, MIS or another related field is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in the IT Software Release Management domain, Release Engineering, or Software Automation
- 1-2 years of Automated Build and Release/DevOps experience with tools, technologies and architectures such as: Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Jira, Git/GitHub, TFS, Nexus, XL Release/Deploy, Kubernetes, HashiCorp Consul/Vault, Docker/Podman and Microservices.
- Familiar with ITIL and IT Service Management practices such as Change, Configuration and Release management.
- Experience using CI/CD tools and source code version control systems such as Git including build and release pipeline automation, branching and merge strategies
- Solid understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies and familiarity with Atlassian stack (e.g. Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence)
- Strong communication, collaboration, and leadership skills with technical organizations and management teams.
- Curious and driven to acquire new skills autonomously.
- Collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive, and we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Sofia.
Your package will include:
- Health and Dental Insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- A great yearly bonus based on performance
- A 1,000 BGN as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- Personal e-learning courses and training supporting the development in your career
- A sports’ card membership valid across the country
- In-house yoga and gymnastic classes, as well as dances
- Discounts as a compliment from us among different services
- Free snack, fruits and drinks in the office
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. If that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.