Are you our next star player?
We are looking for an experienced technologist that will own, support and drive improvements across our core software release delivery cadence and lifecycle through a combination of IT Service Management (ITSM), ITIL, Agile, Lean, DevOps and Build/Release best practices.
You will be responsible for planning, scheduling and governance of software build deployments through the pre-production environments that support our SDLC; including deploying software builds, Test Environment management and baselines, User Acceptance testing and Change/Release management.
You will take the lead on building a governed framework and set of practices that will define our build and release management operating model that will support our scheduled server, client and mobile deployment cycles, ensuring that the necessary change and risk management processes, quality and acceptance criteria’s, release gate checks and approval controls have been satisfied across the various stages prior to production readiness.
This role is also critical in building a Test Environment Management strategy and TechOps support team that will define the maintain, monitor and support our pre-production environments; manage software versioning and software baseline to ensure that we can develop stable environments for execution of test scenarios; and identify solutions and capabilities to reduce “drift” between test environments and production.
Constantly looking to explore new opportunities for IT service and business improvement, you will provide analysis, and identify, prioritize and implement new developments and efficiencies, ensuring that the IT organization delivers maximum value. This includes recognizing the potential for identifying and reducing waste, automation of processes, tooling optimization’s, downstream work place optimization, data flows and fast feedback loops.
You will have extensive software development/engineering experience coupled with ITIL and ITSM experience, further combined with an Agile and DevOps mindset.
Why we need you:
- Responsible for the strategic definition, implementation and ongoing management of the IT Change, Environment and Release framework to help control the life cycle of strategic, tactical, and operational changes to IT services through standardized procedures.
- Manage the day-to-day service management and delivery of IT Change & Release practices to all business and technical stakeholders, championing adoption and constantly reviewing to ensure that the process is balanced between agility, automation visibility and governance.
- Align technical, business teams and stakeholders across scheduled release cycles providing clarity, visibility, proactive communications, calendar management and delivery cadence status mapping through real-time dashboards, workflows and reports.
- Work with DevOps to define a Test Environment Management strategy to deliver stable and usable pre-production environments for execution of test suites and integration scenarios. Establish methods for managing, maintaining baseline configurations and upkeep with the ability for controlled and real-time reporting of component, artifact and application versions.
- Ensure that Pre-production environments are subject to configuration and version management, ratifying software and application baselines are established, known and controlled; and implementing controls to eliminate “drift” between test environments and production.
- Work with development and DevOps teams to capture, promote and enforce the necessary release gates and checkpoints across CI/CD pipelines, ensuring robust process and that auditing/compliance requirements are met and traceable.
- Collaborate with Agile Coaches, Product Owners and Scrum Masters to combine ITSM and Agile methodologies, merging traditional Scrum and ITIL roles within each cross functional team for ongoing ownership of Change, Risk and Release practices.
- Collaborate proactively and closely with IT teams to convey and champion service management practices, continuously monitor, refine and educate.
- Work closely with Incident and Problem management to ensure key ITSM process relationships support, build upon and provide value add to each discipline, whilst reaching mature states through continuous feedback loops and improvements.
- Actively engage with Information Security, IT Audit to reach a state of continuous compliance for regulatory standards (PCI-DSS, ISO) throughout all ITSM practices.
- Defining and delivering appropriate environment / technical integration, data management and reporting capability though tools such as Jenkins and JIRA.
Who we are looking for:
- 5-7 years of SDLC Change and Release Management experience
- 4 + years relevant experience participating in, managing, or leading the development/maturation of 3 or more of the following: Change Management, Problem Management, Incident Management, Configuration Management, Continual Service Improvement, Service Level Management.
- Proven experience and working knowledge of CMDB architecture, management and maintenance, configuration tooling and discovery methods.
- Experience with tools such as Atlassian, Jenkins, Gitlab, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible and environment management techniques.
- Experience with configuration tools, IT Asset Management, Software Asset Management, inventory cycles tracking software, virtual environments, and configuration status for software development systems, test environments, and operational sites.
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile and SCRUM methodology and an ability to combine ITSM and Agile concepts easily.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and written) with technical staff as well as senior IT and business leaders
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with a process orientated mindset
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- free snacks and catered lunch
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.