The role: Cloud Data Platform Solution Architect
We are looking for a Cloud Data Platform Solution Architect to join our Data Technology team in Leeds.
Are you our next star player?
At PokerStars, we are passionate about our players, we listen to them and put their need and wants in the centre of what we do. We focus our energy and resource into building out our next-generation data platform, leveraging new technologies and techniques to improve the value out of our data assets and empower employees to innovate
Why we need you?
Data is at the core of our business. We have teams of data engineers, machine learning engineers, data scientists, analysts – all work with some elements of data in order to better understand our customers and provide them with the best experience. You to be responsible for owning the creation of a technology framework and providing technical leadership to support our initiatives in cloud computing and automation, with a focus on the design of systems and services that run on cloud platforms
You will understand the business requirements and enhance the systems to provide the necessary data in the best way according to the IT strategy and the business needs. Together with the team you will work on the improvement the data model, create new analysis area and integrate them in the semantic layer.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualisation, orchestration, elastic scalability)
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organisation for cloud end-to-end architecture, including security, networking, provisioning, and management
- Demonstrate leadership ability to back decisions with research and the “why,” and articulate several options, the pros and cons for each, and a recommendation
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services
- Contribute to DevOps development activities and complex development tasks
- Define efficient design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications
- Ensure delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional/non-functional requirements
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners
- Ensure delivered solutions are realised in time frame committed; work in conjunction with project sponsors to size and manage scope and risk
- Provide support and technical governance, expertise related to cloud architectures, deployment, and operations
- Act as the coach and mentor to team members and technical staff on their assigned project tasks
- Lead the definition and development of cloud reference architecture and management systems
Who we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Experience with AWS / Azure enterprise implementations
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Strong understanding of network architecture and application development methodologies
- Experience as a team lead preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in analysing business objectives and requirements.
- Emphasis on the delivery of solutions with maximum interaction with Business Partners.
- Be a driven, energetic and proactive individual who has a desire to add value in all areas of responsibility.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.