Role: We are looking for an AWS Solutions Architect to join our busy and dynamic team based out of our Leeds or London offices.
We’re on an exciting journey; as part of the Flutter group we form a key piece of the world’s largest Betting and Gaming company. We’re expanding our team to support our ambitious cloud adoption roadmap.
As the Solutions Architect you’ll enable accelerated and sustainable adoption of cloud across the enterprise aligned with our hosting strategy, maximising the ability to realise its benefits while reducing risk.
You will be responsible for developing and managing our cloud strategy, governance and best practices which the rest of the organisation will leverage to transform the business using the cloud. We need a consolidated view of all cloud activity to enable effective procurement and governance.
It is important to facilitate knowledge sharing about our cloud activities and be in the know about existing projects to enable productive collaboration.
Why join the team?
- You’ll work on the most critical, strategic projects at the heart of the world’s largest public online gaming business, with funding and opportunities to match our huge ambition
- It’s your chance to build and run new cloud platforms and systems that will ultimately be used by millions around the world, building on your career and learning new tech skills to solve problems that only exist at this scale
- You’ll be part of the award-winning Flutter group tech family, working with the best product and technology professionals, learning new skills and developing yourself in new ways
What you will do:
- Together with other technology leaders, you will help deliver and communicate a cloud & governance strategy and roadmap for the organisation that is understood and supported and provides clear, achievable principles and direction for the technology team to follow
- You will be a senior technical subject matter expert and design authority for Cloud services, tooling and platforms
- You will peer with Product, Platform, Engineering and Infrastructure teams to deliver sustainable, high-performance platforms, services and solutions to provide the best possible experience for our customers
- You will communicate the business goals, constraints and risks to the delivery team members, so that they can build and operate the systems and services that support and deliver the tribe’s business goals and address the constraints and risks that are present
- You’ll be a technical subject matter expert in all things cloud, infrastructure, platform and network, identifying, communicating, and managing goals, constraints, and risks. You’ll build alignment and shared understanding, guiding teams to build the right thing, and build it right
- You will be self-motivated and willing to contribute at all levels, listening and learning from those around you. Culture is the foundation of our success, and we want you to be a part of it and drive it
- You will support, and learn from, the people around you, always looking to do things better. We have a strong culture, and we want you to be a part of it
How you will do it:
You will be our cloud SME and evangelist ensuring all solutions and platforms are secure, compliant, fit for purpose and cost effective, specifically:
- Contribute to, communicate, and govern our hosting & cloud strategy
- Ensure teams across product verticals are aligned to our hosting & cloud strategy by facilitating discussion, agreeing best practice and providing expert advice
- Take the lead on public cloud and non-cloud technical designs
- Facilitate, govern, document and communicate technical decisions – in line with our hosting & cloud strategy
- Work with our compliance teams to ensure our cloud platform and services are compliant with jurisdictional gambling regulators as well as ISO27001 and GDPR compliant.
- Ensure our cloud estate is cost controlled and governed, feeding into the forecasting models, tagging etc.
- Be the guardian architectural quality ensuring our platform and services meet our defined NFRs in-line with the PARRISSS framework (Performance, Availability, Recoverability, Reliability, Integrity, Scalability, Security, Serviceability)
- Use your governance experience to ensure our teams are following best practice, e.g. developing policies, guardrails and high-quality documentation
- Ensure we have appropriate CCoE documentation and training programs
- Create on-boarding processes to enable teams to leverage cloud and use effectively.
- Work day-to-day with our AWS account teams
- Mentoring & coaching engineers & other technical staff
- Helping the organisation manage risk
- Providing insight into technology trends & how they interact with our business & our technology systems
- Forming partnerships Product and Technical Product Owners to ensure a strong mutual understanding of opportunities, needs & challenges
- Govern the evolution of existing systems, ensuring they continue to meet our architectural goals & principles
- Have a strong understanding of security standards, patterns and controls e.g. network segmentation, web application firewalls, DDOS to ensure our systems are secure and compliant
- Leverage your extensive experience and understanding of non-functional requirements and testing, monitoring and alerting, infrastructure as code, Linux & Windows administration
- When required, work hands on with engineers, but also be outward facing, understanding the bigger picture
- Highlight, document, and communicate technical priorities; Drive down tech debt
- Communicate key facts, risks, and assumptions to enable the heads of function to understand and make the right high-level decisions
- Evangelise operational concerns
- Be an active member of our thriving tech community
How we work:
We believe in providing the best career for everyone; your progression begins on the day we first meet.
Career progression, staff engagement and satisfaction are paramount to us. We want an environment where architects can do their best work and be the best that they can be.
- Our architects work closely with colleagues in all positions, so communication and interpersonal skills are important for this role
- Our architects are T-Shaped, we expect deep expertise in one or two areas but an essential knowledge across our architecture – our most senior architects can jump in where there may be a gap to help keep work flowing
- We rely on iterative, incremental development and fast feedback – we expect a good understanding of the mechanics of this including a solid understanding of automation and its role in modern software delivery
- Our architects have experience of working in a modern agile environment (e.g. Scrum / Kanban)
- You will be comfortable working independently or collaboratively with good time and prioritisation skills
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus, and we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- £1,000 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a zoom interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for another zoom or face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.