We are looking for a Commercial Legal Counsel to join our legal team in London.
Are you our next star player?
Working with the Flutter International legal team, and reporting into the Head of Commercial, this position will provide legal support, and have responsibly, for a wide variety of commercial legal matters internationally, including Europe, Asia and the Americas.
The Commercial Legal Counsel will work directly with Flutter International’s internal business personnel to draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements including, but not limited, to technology, software and casino agreements, game licensing agreements, intragroup licensing agreements, betting exchange, brokerage, data licensing and other B2B services agreements, payment processing agreements, data processing agreements, website terms and conditions, and other commercial agreements. The position sits within a growing legal team that will provide excellent opportunities for career progression as the business and team grows.
Why we need you
Working independently and under the guidance and direction from senior members of the team, the Commercial Legal Counsel will:
- Provide first class legal advice to all Flutter International departments requiring legal advice on commercial and contractual issues
- Draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts and documents
- Manage internal processes for international website terms
- Facilitate through to completion all stages of commercial agreements
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal business personnel
- Work closely with product and finance teams to provide legal direction and advice, appropriately balancing risk and reward of projects
- Be a team player with a flexible attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Contribute to the review and improvement of processes and precedents on an ongoing basis
Who we’re looking for
In this role, we’re looking for an experienced legal professional. You most likely have the below background or similar:
- Qualified Lawyer in England and Wales
- A minimum of 4 years’ PQE, with experience gained either (or both) in an online media/technology company or in private practice with solid online media and technology experience
- Proven commercial drafting, review and negotiation expertise in respect of a wide range commercial and corporate documents
- Excellent technical legal writing skills and a commercial mindset
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to advise about and lead projects with stakeholders
- High levels of self-motivation, ability to work autonomously and manage own workload
- Proactive approach to recognising needs, anticipating issues, and solving problems
- Ability to balance and prioritise multiple time-sensitive tasks, and manage competing priorities effectively and independently, including driving results and delivering to deadlines and budgets
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented attitude, and superior attention to detail
If you have experience in the gaming industry that’s a big plus too.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to London.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- £1,000 as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- Free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- Annual travel loans
- Subsidised massage sessions in the office
- Social events, including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone or zoom interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a second interview.
Flutter International operates the PokerStars and Betfair International brands and is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. The group brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence and in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.