The role: Country Lead – Italy
We are looking for a Country Lead to join the PokerStars team in our Malta office.
Are you our next star player?
This is a brand-new role within the group to orchestrate PokerStars activities in the italian market for all verticals: Poker, Casino and Sport.
As the Country Lead you will be responsible for providing insights to key stakeholders to maximize the commercial opportunity in the market. In this role you will be working closely with various stakeholders in the group and reporting to the Head of Country Leads.
Why we need you
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Assist in building the commercial market strategy for Casino and support on multi-vertical strategies for the Italian market.
- Support in building the proposition for the Italian market, in coordination with the Poker and Sports vertical. Make sure that the agreed strategy for a local approach converges into the relevant streams of actions.
- Assist in Build strategical market roadmaps to define the market strategy in coordination with several stakeholders (deep analysis of market data, consumer insights, competition and brand tracking, regulation and tax, product readiness, market trends).
- Analyse business performance and indicate trends, opportunities, and challenges to the commercial teams.
- Ensure KPI targets are met and oversee the day-to-day operations. Track and review Acquisition and CRM campaign. Optimize based on clear commercial targets and work with various stakeholders including CRM, Product, Payments, Group Marketing, and Compliance, to optimize plans.
- Support workstreams to ensure the execution and optimization of the local strategy.
- Support regulation and market development processes on local level and own the high-level commercial plan. Develop market opportunities and transform them into operational actions.
- Represent the commercial teams in compliance meetings and update the strategy according to regulation and business development activities.
- Act as a program manager for local projects.
- Represent the voice of the customer in the market.
- Initiate localization reviews to ensure the content in all sites is market relevant.
- Identify local business opportunity for future growth.
- Explore business partnerships based on the market strategy. Support Acquisition teams to build clear briefs to the Group marketing for planning such opportunities.
Who we’re looking for
- 5 years’ experience in the Italian real money online gaming market
- Italian native speaker
- Experience in working for a big global multinational and multi-location company.
- High level of flexibility and adaptability to manoeuvre in a very dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of matrix or other flexible working environments
- Experience of working in multinational environment and understanding of cultural diversity.
- Ability to work independently and set your own goals.
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of organization and diligence
- Able to set clear expectations and demand high performance for self and others.
- Great team player
- Strong skills to work with common spreadsheet and presentation tools to organize, report, design and present your plans
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Malta.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 EUR for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- cash allowance for lunch.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.