We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Tribe in Hyderabad, India.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission aligned.
Are you our next Star player?
If you are a talented and ambitious Data Engineer with SQL Server experience you could join the team that provides data and systems for our financial crime and risk functions.
Why we need you:
- Working closely with the other engineers in the Risk squad, you will be responsible for development and maintenance of data and infrastructure supporting anti money laundering processes, risk assessments and reporting in various technologies
- You’ll transform raw data into useful data systems. Overall, you’ll strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
- You’ll support our implemented solutions by monitoring and tuning performance queries and data processes, addressing user questions concerning data integrity, and communicating functional and technical issues.
- Top notch quality of the released software will be one of your responsibilities
- Take full responsibility for your tickets through the development life cycle into production, supported by an experienced Engineering Manager
- Liaise with the Data Product Owner to fulfil the needs of the business.
- The future of the role will involve working with Cloud technology including Kafka data streams, with a potential to eventually leading to an AWS Cloud engineering role as we migrate keys systems to the Cloud.
Who we are looking for
- Excellent knowledge and experience in SQL – developing stored procedures with T-SQL, database performance optimisation and working with large datasets
- Experience with SSIS – designing, configuring, and deploying packages
- Data integration from multiple sources – batch data processing, streaming, integrations of APIs
- Previous experience or willingness to learn .Net application support and maintenance
- Proven ability to collaborate with technical and business teams and communicate effectively across channels
- Scrum or Agile ways of working experience.
- As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- .Net Development Skills including Dotnet core TDD and modern front-end frameworks, e,g. Vue.js would be advantageous.
- Experience in designing scalable data warehousing solutions
- Hands-on skills in processing large data sets, expertise in data structure, data access patterns, Big Data concepts
- AWS cloud experience would be advantageous.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- 15 days paid annual leave and 12 days casual leave
- Annual allowance for health and dental services
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 34,000 INR for your new addition whilst working for us
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.