The role: Data Engineer Team Lead
We are looking for a Data Engineer team lead to join our busy and dynamic team in Leeds.
Why we need you:
We’re looking for a Data Engineer team to contribute to the Stars Group growing data and analytical needs. To lead a team that looks to build our next-generation hybrid data platform, leveraging new technologies and techniques to maximize the value out of our data assets and empower employees to innovate.
The Data Engineer Team Lead is responsible for the successful delivery of business intelligence solutions to the entire organization and will have experience in BI development and implementations, data architecture and data warehousing.
- Developing team strengths and improve weaknesses
- Coach team members to achieve goals and organise the team initiatives and workloads.
- Manage the delivery of multiple complex projects from design through to release.
- Be capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through code level
- Provide regular effective progress updates to and work closely with Data Product Owners to ensure the management of any delivery risks or issues
- Take responsibility for ensuring risks and issues are identified and managed closely to deliver on time and to required quality standards.
Who we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in people management with the ability to lead and influence others.
- Proven ability in leading and managing a delivery of an enterprise data solution in a structured environment
- Demonstrated experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience in both architecture and implementation of data pipelines and strong facilitation and coaching skills.
- Ability in developing Streaming and batch mode processes in a Cloud Data platform is a must.
- Experience in high volume systems.
- Knowledge & experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka.
- Experience with data migration to cloud based environment.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.