The role: Data Product Owner – Risk
We are looking for a Data Product Owner to join our busy and dynamic Analytics team in our Isle of Man office.
Are you our next star player?
If you are ambitious and versatile, willing to work by and promote agile principles, and have a solid background in product ownership for compliance/risk/financial/reporting systems, we would like you to join us in delivering the next generation of our compliance and risk systems and provide excellent service to our stakeholders.
Why we need you:
Our customers are compliance, risk and financial crime teams and we provide a range of systems and data services for them. We want to extend our portfolio and deliver to an ambitious roadmap. We also want to move our agile approach to the next level, improve stakeholder engagement, roadmap management and reporting, and introduce data driven metrics for systems and services.
We are looking for an experienced data product owner who will take responsibility for these areas and enjoy crafting the role as well as the stakeholder relationship. We expect you to proactively learn existing systems and work closely with our lively customer teams, developing an excellent understanding of their ways of working. In cooperation with the delivery manager, you will drive the planning process to deliver value fast. You will build lean canvasses and user stories; work with the data and software engineers to deliver iterations; assist with testing, adoption and monitoring of systems, and provide regular status reports.
Who are we looking for
- Experienced product owner or product manager (could also suit a business analyst willing to move to product ownership)
- Ability to learn all aspects of data and systems, and make good decisions based on understanding of the underlying business processes and needs
- Proven ability to communicate with business as well as technical teams
- Interest in data and how to create new value for the business from it
- Dedication to agile principles, ability to act as enabler and promote direct cooperation between business and tech
- hardworking individual who can multi task and work well with global colleagues as well as on site
- A proven understanding of SQL and proficiency in Excel
The ideal candidate will also have
- Previous experience working with stakeholders in a fast paced risk environment
- Experience with Lean Canvas and Agile (SCRUM/Kanban/other)
- Understanding of SDLCs
- Data and software testing experience
- Data driven decision making
- Definition and monitoring of system metrics and key results
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to the Isle of Man.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- a subsidised canteen which offers hot and cold options for breakfast and lunch
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a zoom/face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.