The role: Data Protection Senior Executive
We are looking for a Data Protection Senior Executive to join our Legal & Compliance team based in our Isle of Man office.
Are you our next star player?
The successful candidate will have a strong interest and desire to qualify in Data Protection, GDPR, ePrivacy and international privacy regulatory frameworks. The individual will be capable of working on their own initiative and delivering results. They will have strong organisation and collaboration skills working with and through colleagues and peers. The role will require working cross functionally and cross jurisdictionally.
Why we need you:
Reporting to the Head of Data Protection, the Data Protection Senior Executive is responsible for ensuring the coordination of appropriate processes, systems and structures are in place to manage compliance with the Division’s data protection obligations. The role has responsibility for enabling the delivery of end to end processes, monitoring compliance, reporting compliance key controls and for instilling a strong data protection culture within the Flutter International Division. The role will support the Head of Data Protection in managing data protection related requests or projects as they arise. From time to time, the role will support cross-divisional and group data protection initiatives.
- Support the investigation of Personal Data Incidents and Breaches that may occur and assist with identifying mitigation requirements to prevent similar incidents in the future.
- Develop and execute data protection compliance work including GDPR compliance activities, data protection impact assessments, data mapping services to aid in addressing risk management issues that comply with GDPR requirement.
- Support regular briefings for business and assist with key reports to senior levels of the organisation.
- Work closely with other stakeholders within the business units, including IT, Marketing, Online, Human Resources and Operations to improve internal controls around data protection.
- Oversee training and raising awareness internally on data protection and privacy, across all office locations;
- Managing subject access right (SAR) requests and customer queries/complaints. Maintain procedures and SLAs for managing data access requests, right to be forgotten requests and recording all relevant information on the internal database
- Liaising with other departments to collect all data necessary to meet SLAs. Building knowledge of SAR exemptions to ensure exemptions are applied correctly.
- Continuously reviewing subject rights requests procedures to ensure adherence to all requirements and to drive continuous improvement in existing processes.
- Contributing to internal data protection related projects, to ensure organisational compliance with all processes and procedures, including internal training of staff interfacing with Data Protection.
- Writing briefs on above topic areas. Building a solid knowledge of data protection to become a Subject Matter Expert in the area.
- Continuous monitoring of external and internal business environment to ensure PPB data protection responsibilities are understood and internal controls are amended to support compliance if necessary.
Who are we looking for?
- Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and competence in data protection.
- Exceptional attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Ability to influence the direction of data protection with senior leaders and peers.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Assertive and confident, able to operate credibly with business unit stakeholders.
- Professionally qualified in data protection law (CIPP/E), program management (CIPM) or Technology (CIPT) through the International Association of Privacy Professionals (or equivalent).
- Strong program management mindset, process, technical and analytical skills, combined with strong commercial acumen.
- A keen strategic thinker with the ability to set objectives and priorities
- Strong presentation and communication skills: the ability to accurately identify key issues and communicate them broadly
- High energy and drive, and flexible enough to work in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and changing environment and the resilience to challenge/be challenged.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to the Isle of Man.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- £1,000 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- a subsidised canteen which offers hot and cold options for breakfast and lunch
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.