The role: Data Warehouse Engineer
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our dynamic business intelligence – data platform team in India.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Are you our next star player?
If you are a passionate Data Engineer you have the chance to be part of a team that looks to build out our next-generation data platform, leveraging new technologies and techniques to maximize the business value out of our data assets and empower innovation.
Why we need you?
As part of our Data Platform team, you will;
- Lead data and process innovation for our organisation through robust delivery of exceptional solutions.
- Transform raw data into useful data systems.
- Strive for efficiency by aligning data systems with business goals.
- Support our implemented BI solutions by monitoring and tuning performance queries and data processes, addressing user questions concerning data integrity, and communicating functional and technical issues.
- Top quality of the released software will be one of your responsibilities.
- Contribute to choosing the right technology and ensuring proper data design and implementation in various projects and solutions.
- Demonstrate hands-on skills in processing large data sets, expertise in data structure, data access patterns, Big Data concepts, and cloud computing.
- Experience in development, deployment and operation of data technologies and platforms
- Experience in designing scalable data warehousing solutions
- Experience in designing and implementing efficient ETL processes and data pipelines
- Experience with Agile software development and DevOps practices
- Experience and knowledge in data migration techniques and processes
- Proven ability to collaborate with technical and business teams and communicate effectively across channels
- Knowledge on both on-prem as well as Cloud big data solutions
- Excellent knowledge and experience in SQL – developing stored procedures with T-SQL, database performance optimisation and working with large datasets
- Experience with SSIS – designing, configuring, and deploying packages
- Understanding of database and analytics technologies in the industry including Relational, and NoSQL databases
- Data integration from multiple sources – batch data processing, streaming, integrations of APIs
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka.
- Deep understanding of data warehousing and data architecture concepts
- Experience with Python scripting for data engineering
- Experience with version control systems (i.e. Bitbucket)
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- cash allowance for health and dental care
- company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- 34,000 INR as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- discounted gym membership
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.