We are looking for a Database administrator to join our Database Infrastructure team in Sofia or working remotely within Bulgaria.
Our tech teams can work remotely within country, occasionally you’ll need to come to the office. Not often, but up to 4-5 times a month and of course, we’ll cover all related expenses. Working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Are you our next star player?
As a DBA, you will be responsible for supporting the operational elements of database infrastructure as well as involved project delivery.
The DBA is a member of a team responsible for the daily management and administration of a variety of database clients at various levels. While your role is very technical in nature you will be called upon to discuss these matters to business minded individuals inside the customer’s organization. Technologies are focused on SQL/ Linux/ Java.
The DBA’s prime role is supporting the operational availability of these systems daily, help the development team with his/her expertise of SQL.
Why we need you
- Interact with application teams and peer support team (DBA, SA, Storage, project management etc.) for project implementation and ongoing support
- Take initiative to improve the performance, efficiency of the database assurance operation; being cohesive to standard best practice and collaborate / coordinate with the DBA peers on organisational change, problem management and work management etc
- Take 24×7 on-call rotation and troubleshooting problem tickets and response to customer requests and change controls
- Support other DBA/project activities; contribution to knowledge and experience sharing
Your experience and skills:
- Install/Setup and maintain Oracle and Postgres database software with updates/patches
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, query troubleshooting and performance improvement
- Develop and maintain accurate documentation of all areas encompassing the database infrastructure
- Database Security – access, authentication, auditing, vulnerability assessment
- Perform migration and upgrade tasks while minimizing downtime
- Perform database backups, restore, and recovery tasks
- Understanding and executing DR planning/testing; SQL, PL/SQL programming; Application DBA (data modelling)
- 1 year experience as a Database Administrator working with relational databases in enterprise capacity
- Experience with MySQL in a production environment is an asset
- Linux/VMware environment skills
- Provide 24×7 on-call support
- Assist in help desk calls
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good proactive planning skills and multi-tasking skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent team worker and good performer under minimum supervision
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 BGN for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- contribution towards your transportation and lunch expenses
- relaxation areas around the office, including a PlayStation and Pool table
- sports program and social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a short general Zoom call. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a 1-hour technical Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.