The role: We are looking for a Database Administrator to join and represent our busy and dynamic team in Richmond Hill/Toronto.
Are you our next star player?
Our ideal team member is someone who celebrates goals and accomplishments, is comfortable acknowledging and correcting mistakes, realizes interdependence, and appreciates a sense of belonging.
The Database Administrator will be taking care of various requests and issues from connectivity to query evaluation providing timely support to database application development and QA teams.
Why we need you
Responsibilities will include:
- Implementing, maintaining, monitoring and supporting various types of databases in multiple environments
- Performance analysis and tuning, design and development of infrastructural projects, resource allocation, backing up and planning disaster recovery procedures
- Handling performance issues in critically important and oversized environments with strict timeline requirements
- Monitoring and support of DB infrastructure for the Group along with addressing and mitigating any issues that arise in our high-load oversized environment.
- Reviewing queries and configuration changes to ensure that our systems remain extremely efficient
- Building and reviewing infrastructural documents (architecture plans, upgrade plans, database migration plans, test strategies, PoCs)
- Maintaining and updating security, privileges and data access templates
- Administer, configure, and use tools for backing up and restoring databases
- Support the development of existing databases and technical design/evaluation of new features
- Building upon backup-restore and DR strategy
Who we’re looking for
Relevant experience and post secondary education in IT or a related field, is meaningful to support the capabilities involved in implementing development standards and your overall knowledge of operating systems, networks, storage units and their integration in our Database environment is imperative.
- Demonstrated ability performing database administration tasks using multiple enterprise database products including Oracle, DB2, MSSQL, MySQL
- Previous experience in a similar role with proven knowledge of database installation, configuration, maintenance and support as you’ll be developing and reviewing all ETL processes based on the requirements
- Experience with non-SQL data management systems (e.g. Mongo, Elastic Search) is an asset
- Strong architectural skills and an understanding of RDBM internals
- Ability to be self-organized and plan to work independently
- Superb communication skills for efficient collaboration with the team
- Ability to multi-task, switching between different activities and assignments
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Experience with large data volumes and high-load database systems
- Knowledge of performance monitoring and tuning along with backup and recovery procedures to enable you to contribute to the development of the system architecture
- Effective communication and analytical/problem-solving skills are required
- Having curiosity and willingness to learn
- Be a phenomenal standout colleague
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- free snacks and catered lunch
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a Zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.