We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our busy and dynamic Core Technology and Shared Services team based in our Richmond Hill, Toronto office.
Are you our next star player?
The DevOps Engineer will play a pivotal role in our cross functional team. You will work alongside the most talented Architects, Product Owners, back-end Developers, Testers and DevOps to deliver high quality code that contributes to the world’s best online gaming experience.
- Create automated tooling to build, configure, deploy, and maintain our systems and services.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with infrastructure and applications.
- Catch production errors and performance issues early with automated monitoring and alerting.
- Collaborate with and support engineering teams to establish a standard of high availability and reliability.
- Demonstrate accountability, leadership and be trusted to resolve unclear but urgent tasks.
- Work with a cross functional team to help remove impediments and enable success.
Skills and Capabilities
- 3+ years in a formal DevOps role, preferably in high traffic/volume environments.
- Developer background or collaborated closely with developers.
- Solid understanding of the SDLC and best practices of CI/CD.
- Strong scripting knowledge in Python and at least one of PowerShell or Bash.
- You are familiar with one or more Configuration Management and deployment tools like Ansible or SaltStack.
- Proficiency in Version Control (Git/Bitbucket).
- Experience with build management and packaging tools like MSI or NuGet.
- Experience with Orchestration tools like Ansible, SaltStack or similar.
- Experience with Harshicorp products Consul, Vault or Terraform is a big plus.
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as C++ or C#.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of $1,900 for your new addition whilst working for us
- Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- Free snacks and catered lunch
- In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for our role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.