We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our busy team based in our Richmond Hill, Toronto office.
Why we need you:
As DevOps Engineer you will work as part of the team that manages application infrastructure, configuration and deployment on multiple QA, UAT and Production environments. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes. You`ll maintain tools for deployment, health monitoring and logging. You’ll participate in new environment planning. You`ll troubleshoot and resolve issues in all our environments related to automation processes. As a highly skilled team member with expert knowledge of the in-house systems you’ll become in time a part of our 911 team. You will coach other members of the team how to use automation tools.
Who are we looking for:
As a DevOps Engineer you have deep understanding of SDLC. You were involved in planning deployments and improvements to CI/CD pipelines. Some of your experience is focused on scripting (mostly Python and PowerShell). You have some experience with monitoring tools.
You are familiar with one or more configuration management and deployment tools like Salt, Chef, Ansible. You have experience with Atlassian products like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket. You have experience with one or more programming languages such as C++, Java, C# as well as working knowledge of Windows and Linux.
You are a quick learner who can adopt and devour a lot of information about our in-house framework and systems fast. In this position you`ll have to show your good soft skills and the ability to liaise with other IT, QA, DBA, Dev and business people. You are able to work under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail. As a team we are results oriented and rely on good communication to achieve success.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
• B.Sc. in Computer Science or similar
• 2 years+ experience in DevOps or Configuration Management roles.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Technical expertise in Windows and Linux operating systems
• Expertise in Configuration and Deployment Automation using Salt and/or Ansible
• Containerisation experience (Kubernetes and Docker)
• Strong experience using Jenkins and Groovy
• Strong scripting in Python, PowerShell, and/or Bash
• Full proficiency with Linux command line environment including shell scripting and remote server administration via SSH.
• Competent in Version Control (Git/Bitbucket)
• Experience with Consul, Vault, Terraform is a big plus
• Programming experience in C++, Java, etc. is an advantage
• Understanding relational databases.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
– Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
– $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
– Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
– free snacks and catered lunch
– in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
We hope that we’ve answered as many of your questions about working at the PokerStars as possible, but if you still have some questions, why not try visiting our FAQ page?Find your answers here