The role: DevOps Engineer
We are looking for a DevOps to join our International Sportsbook team in Leeds. You will help support and run one of the biggest sports betting platforms in the world.
Our tech teams work remotely within Leeds, occasionally you’ll need to come to the office in Leeds. Not often, but up to 4-5 times a month and of course, we’ll cover all related expenses. Working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Are you our next star player?
We are in the process of expanding our tech team to support the adoption and development of our new sports betting platform within the Pokerstars International division.
The tech team consists of small agile teams, working in Scrum and responsible for specific areas of the tech stack and product.
Why we need you:
As a DevOps you will join one of the small agile teams which are 5-7 people in size, consisting of other DevOps Engineers, Software Engineers and Test Engineers.
You will report to the Lead DevOps Engineer in the squad and work with the team to support the team’s domain.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and owning CI/CD Pipelines
- Infrastructure as code
- Application and infrastructure monitoring
- Ensuring security and regulatory responsibilities are adhered to
- High level DB support
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an experienced, pragmatic and collaborative DevOps engineer to join our team on the mission to build the best online sports betting product in the world.
- Experience with Linux based VM tech stacks
- Understanding in how web technology works
- Comfortable working with and supporting large scale web applications
- Pragmatism with a good understanding of effort versus business value
- Collaboration and a team player
- Problem solver with a drive to understand what’s under the hood
- CI/CD – Jenkins / Thoughtworks Go
- Infrastructure as Code – Chef / Ansible / CDK
- Application Monitoring – Prometheus / Alert Manager / Grafana Loki
- Other Tech – Hashicorp Vault / Kafka / Cassandra / Apache Storm / Active MQ
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- £1,000 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.