The role: We are looking for a DevOps/App Specialist Engineer to join our International Sports team in Sofia, Bulgaria.
You will be directly responsible for daily operations, release deployment and troubleshooting for any issues that arise in our Sportsbook Platform.
Are you our next star player?
The DevOps/App Specialist Engineer will play a pivotal role in a team responsible for daily management, changes and fixtures of the Sportsbook and Trading application system, thus including the front-end, back-end and Data Base. A highly technical role, you will be called upon to discuss these matters to business-minded individuals inside the organization.
Focusing on technologies including Java, nginx, Bash and Python, you will support the operational availability of these systems on a daily basis and investigate incidents/issues within the system to draw conclusions and propose solutions/mitigations.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission aligned.
Why we need you
Reporting directly to the Platform Teamlead, the DevOps/App Specialist Engineer will:
• Interact with application teams and peer support team (DBA, SA, SLM, Ops, Trading, Storage, project management etc.) for project implementation and ongoing support
• Take initiative to improve the performance, efficiency of the Sportsbook system; being cohesive to standard best practice and collaborate / coordinate with the Application specialist peers on change management, problem management and work management
• Take 24×7 on-call rotation and troubleshooting problem tickets and response to customer requests and change controls
• Support other project activities; contribution to knowledge and experience sharing
• Install/Setup and maintain our Sportsbook and Trading system with updates/patches
• Develop and maintain accurate documentation of all areas encompassing the Sportsbook and Trading system and infrastructure that surrounds it
• Security – file/system permissions understanding and management
• Perform migration and upgrade tasks while minimizing downtime
• Perform system/application backups, restore, and recovery tasks
Who we’re looking for
• In depth knowledge with Linux system administration, Networking thus including setup and troubleshooting, manage services like DNS, DHCP, Web servers, PostgresDB
• Extensive knowledge and expertise in Sportsbook platform and application in matter of services, processes and Lifecyle of the events in it
• Over five years’ experience as a System or Middleware Administrator working with UNIX/Linux in enterprise capacity
• Experience with Nginx and/or Apache web servers in a production environment is an asset
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent proactive planning skills and multi-tasking skills
• Experience with SQL and relational DB
• Linux/VMware environment skills
• Excellent team worker and good performer under minimum supervision
• Very Good communication skills
• Customer-focused attitude
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive, and we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Sofia.
Your package will include:
• Health and Dental Insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
• A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
• A great yearly bonus based on performance
• Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 BGN for your new addition whilst working for us
• External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career.
• 25 days annual leave
• A sports’ card membership valid across the country
• In-house yoga and gymnastic classes, as well as dances
• Discounts as a compliment form us among different services
• Free snacks, fruits and drinks in the office
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for our DevOps/App Specialist Engineer role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.