The role: DevOps Engineer – Hadoop
We are looking for a Hadoop – DevOps Engineer to join our busy and dynamic team based in our India service office.
Are you our next star player?
As part of our data platform team, you will be responsible for driving the design and development of core platform frameworks that enable the delivery and construction processes for the Data Management, Data Discovery and Analytics group, and using emerging big data technologies. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your different business partners daily to stay focused on common goals.
Why we need you: –
You will efficiently translate architecture and low-level requirements to design. You will perform optimizations on Big Data and investigation of job bottlenecks.
You will be responsible for the documentation, design, development of Hadoop applications and handle the installation, configuration, and support of Hadoop cluster nodes.
You will maintain and support backend MapReduce, Hive, Storm, Flink applications and Hadoop cluster. You will convert hard and complex techniques as well as functional requirements into detailed designs.
As a dedicated team member, you will propose best practices and standards, handover to the operations. You will test software prototypes and transfer them to the operational team. You will maintain data security and privacy across the data warehouse.
Who are we looking for: –
- Familiarity with Hadoop ecosystem and its components. Like HDFS, KAFKA, FLINK, HIVE, YARN, HBASE etc with exceptional knowledge of Hadoop administration.
- Hands on experience in installation, configuration, supporting and managing Hadoop Clusters using Apache, Cloudera or Hortonworks.
- Have experience in Development Operations (DevOps), Software Configuration Management, Build and Release Management.
- Have knowledge in Zookeeper, journal Nodes, Hadoop HA, Hadoop HA Federation, Hue, MapReduce, HBase, Hive, Apache Ranger, Apache Sentry, Kerberos and Apache Knox.
- Good experience in setting up the High-Availability Hadoop Clusters. focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Good knowledge of (Windows / Linux) system, better if RedHat/CentOS.
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language like Bash/PowerShell/Python etc.
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps automation tools and on CI using either Maven, Nexus or Jenkins.
- Knowledge on Docker, Kubernetes and Ansible/Salt Stack to automate Configuration management & Applications.
- Understanding of networking and firewalls and storage systems (DAS, NAS, SAN, FC etc) and file systems.
- Good understanding of SDLC and distributed data / systems / architectures.
- Knowledge on Job Automation and Monitoring like Grafana, Ganglia, Kibana, Nagios
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; the implementation of these skills in Big Data domain
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- cash allowance for health and dental care
- company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- 34,000 INR as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- discounted gym membership
- cash allowance for meals.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a zoom/face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.