The role: Digital Content Editor (English) – Pokerstars Casino
We are looking for a native English-speaking Digital Content Editor to join our growing Pokerstars Casino team in Malta.
Are you our next star player?
The newly crafted Digital Content Editor role will have end-to-end responsibility for delivering Pokerstars Casino’s editorial strategy in our International target markets.
With a specific focus on English-speaking markets, you will be driving the success of our Casino blog. The goal is to establish a high-ranking content hub for potential Casino players, as they use search engines to find relevant and valuable entertainment content.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate and well-versed in Casino as well as the world of entertainment and who loves writing about it. You have experience in digital journalism, great understanding of search engines, keywords and you know exactly what it means to write content that is a great read, while also capitalising on search volumes to drive relevant traffic to the blog.
Why we need you:
The Digital Content Editor will:
- Be the first person in to drive the Pokerstars Casino blog and feel comfortable working in an environment where processes and best practices are still being developed and take the lead in setting these up.
- Write casino/entertainment editorial pieces of your own and develop best practice templates to structure our articles.
- Work closely with our search and SEO teams to identify relevant topics and to track performance progress.
- Work closely with technical and design teams to further develop and improve our blog
- Work with Compliance to ensure the content is compliant and appealing in competitive markets
- Sourcing new writers to build out the scale and breadth of our editorial capabilities.
- Supervising the 3rd party content creation process on an ongoing basis to ensure our editorial is genuinely outstanding, compliant, and comparable with the best online casino and entertainment journalism in the world.
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience writing casino and/or entertainment editorial content that could be relevant to casino players in a journalistic or marketing context.
- Experience working with search engine best practices and how to write content that is both valuable to read as well as friendly to search engines.
- Understanding and experience of general casino concepts and games is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Commercial acumen and a will to deliver projects that drives increased page views and unique users of the Pokerstars Casino blog.
- Experience in a fast-paced ecommerce environment.
- Basic UKGC gambling regulation knowledge is an asset, but not mandatory
- In-depth understanding of the world of entertainment around topics relevant to Casino players i.e. game shows, celebrities, gossip, lifestyle etc.
- Outstanding written and editorial capabilities and ability to adjust writing style to an entertaining and informal brand tone-of-voice
- Native English language skills
- WordPress skills
- Excel & PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to form friendly relations with all stakeholders, while still being able to challenge to achieve desired outcomes on time and budget.
- Resilience: Resilient and confident under pressure, comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Customer obsessed: Quickly gain an understanding of what drives Casino players, developing customer-centric editorial that delivers against their motivations.
- Quality obsessed: get it right first time.
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills: comfortable operating at pace to a high standard, despite requiring the involvement of multiple stakeholders across multiple countries to deliver results.
- Actively build a network of effective relationships across the Flutter group. Get things done both through formal channels and informal channels.
- Fast learner: Learn quickly when facing new situations. Experiment to find new solutions. Take on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and extract lessons learned from failures or mistakes.
- Comfortable both in detail and in stepping back to consider long term strategy.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Malta.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- 1000 EUR as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- cash allowance for lunch.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, we’ll schedule a zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.