Role: Director, Infrastructure & Platform Services
We are looking for a Director of Infrastructure & Platform Services to join our busy and dynamic Technology team in our Dublin office.
Why we need you:
The Director of Infrastructure & Platform Services is responsible for providing the vision and leadership for developing and executing informational technology strategies within cloud, infrastructure, and platform across all of Flutter International business units. This role serves as a key member of the Senior Management Team and the Strategy Group. The Director leads strategic planning of systems development, the IT future and platform services of the organization in order to foster innovations that create competitive advantage, enhance the customer experience, improve service quality, support business development, improve cost effectiveness, and lead to greater productivity and efficiency. This individual is responsible for all aspects of IT & Production Operations, Enterprise IT, Platform Core Technology and Service Management. This critical position reports directly to the CTO.
- Drive the vision of a scalable, secure and reliable Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) infrastructural ecosystem that powers all of Flutter International business verticals both in production and development cycles
- Define and execute the technology vision that enables full automation at all levels from the infrastructure to application level
- Develop a strong service management organization covering production operations and platform service offering across different verticals
- Support Agile transformation through SRE and DevOps practices and CI / CD Platform Services
- Ensure that IT system operations adhere to applicable laws and regulations, contractual obligations, and established security protocols
Behavioural / Leadership
- Promote the culture of transparency, ownership and innovation across all teams
- Establish and maintain real time dashboards and reporting mechanisms enabling transparency around service quality at all levels
- Collaborate with other divisions within Flutter to drive joint initiatives and promote best practices across different disciplines
- Continuously motivate the team and drive ongoing improvements through measurable goals, training and team and process optimization
- Lead by example, don’t be afraid to “get your hands dirty” and promote servant leadership style within the group
- Continuously evaluate technology tool sets in production and workplace ops technology and drive architectural improvements and modernization
- Evaluate technology integration and strategic optimization opportunities across Flutter International during M&A
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the organization as a member of the Senior Management Team
- Lead informational technology strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation of current and future IT systems across the company
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spend and initiatives; strategically plan budgets across multiple groups based on business priorities and resource capacity
- Organize executive reporting of progress on development projects, resource utilization, and production performance to the CTO and the executive team
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT and Platform services through oversight of service level agreements with departments and monitoring of IT systems performance
- Direct continued implementation and further development and execution of a company-wide disaster recovery and continuity plans across all locations
- Be a key contributor to the CTO strategy and continuously participate in the CTO Office activities
- Establish highly productive relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the organization
- Work with other executive colleagues and departmental managers to implement plans and policies throughout the organisation
- Drive hiring efforts within your team and help your peers and the CTO with interviews and key hiring decisions
Who are we looking for:
- University degree in engineering, computer science, information technology or related discipline (or equivalent) is required.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible leadership and technology experience ideally in a multi-national diverse organization
- Demonstrated leadership in developing and managing IT delivery and execution in a complex, fast paced and dynamic environment during times of significant growth and change.
- Expertise in cloud technology and infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
- Solid understanding of current trends in IT, security and risk management best practices, regulatory compliance, and collaboration
- Demonstrated expertise with delivery, architectural and governance frameworks like ITIL, TOGAF, SAFE and similar.
- Skillful negotiator, with experience in both internal negotiations and conflict resolution and external vendor management
- Accomplished strategic thinker with superior communication skills and problem-solving abilities; able to communicate as an executive business leader and as a technology leader.
- Flexible, adaptable and resilient; will adapt approach as situations change in a fast paced and competitive environment.
- A leader whose personal values align with Flutter International values and mission.
- Excellent planning, prioritization, and organizational skills; as well as budget preparation and management skills.
- Able to attract, hire, and retain a highly diverse and talented workforce.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a Zoom/face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.