We are looking for a Delivery Director (Technology) to join our leadership team within the technology org at PokerStars, which is part of Flutter International.
Are you our next star player?
As Delivery Director, you’ll have accountability for ensuring the delivery capability as part of our product systems, and for optimising our “ways of working’ across the International Division.
Why we need you?
The role has many key strategic responsibilities, highlighted below:
Delivery governance & assurance:
- You will also be responsible for the delivery of key critical initiatives and programmes that impact multiple tribes across the division and act as a POC for incoming initiatives from the Flutter Group.
- As a member of the Technology leadership team, you will help define and execute the technology strategy for the business. You’ll be POC for surfacing and ensuring the successful delivery of cross-tribe delivery work and supervising strategic technical programmes.
- You can expect to build visibility of progress for key programmes of work and surface key risks or blockers to the leadership team to enable support to unblock issues and enable the progress of these initiatives.
- Owning the relationship with third party delivery partners to ensure that we maintain a constructive relationship that enables the achievement of our goals.
- You will implement the Product system in collaboration with the Portfolio & Change Director and focus on its continuous improvements.
Ways of working:
- You will be responsible for defining the overall Delivery capability across technology. Ensuring delivery is transparent, predictable and balanced, whilst providing value to our teams.
- Working with the Director of Portfolio and Change expect responsibility for facilitating the quarterly Big Bets planning cycles to ensure we’re prioritising against our Key Results and Outcomes.
- You’ll be responsible for implementing, owning and improving processes and the way we work to support cross tribe delivery planning, prioritisation, goals alignment and visibility of key initiatives across the technology.
- Provide metrics and dashboards to the Technology organisation around efficiency of the product development process.
- Build a Delivery guild for International where you will promote the sharing of lessons learned, tools, innovation, FWOW and allowing other tribes to adopt tools and processes crafted in different tribes.
- A key part of your role will be to support the delivery leads in all tribes and help drive and improve the delivery culture within International to support achieving our outcomes and goals.
- You will have the exciting opportunity to foster a continuous improvement culture across Tribes and, through the use of data, insight and delivery metrics provide tribes and leadership with impactful information and insight to help drive key decisions and improve delivery efficiency and throughput.
- Lead a highly skilled team with a variety of different skills across multiple countries and time zones
- Attract, develop and retain the best, most diverse talent that work together as a team to achieve our common outcomes
Who are we looking for:
As an experienced technology leader, you most likely have worked for a large corporate business which is highly matrixed across multiple locations. You should be comfortable operating in a multi-functional set-up with strong exposure to influencing other senior leaders.
If you have worked in a Gaming, Sports or online entertainment space that’s a big plus too.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Dublin.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- 1000 EUR as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- access to an onsite gym.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.