We are looking for a Director of Technology, Sports to lead our technical sports offering within our International division.
Are you our next star player?
You will be responsible for providing the vision and leadership for developing and executing the Sports key initiatives. As a senior technology lead within the Group’s international technology organisation, the role involves working closely with the technology and product leadership team on all aspects of Sports product development including strategic formation, impact assessment, financial controls, organisation structure and roadmap planning.
As an integral part of the Technology Leadership team for the International Division you will lead all aspects in the alignment of initiatives within Sports against our Technology Strategy:
- Empowered World Class Talent
- Great agile engineering practices
- Self-service infrastructure platform capabilities
- Effective “ways of working” (WoW)
- Integrated security practices
- ONE Team mindset
Why we need you?
The role has many key strategic responsibilities, highlighted below:
Sports Technology strategy
- Define and collaborate with product a Sports technology strategy and Operating Model that achieves the long-term division’s business plans.
- Represent Sports at our cross-division WoW meetings to establish effective open-source ways of working for our global sportsbook platform.
- Work backwards from strategy and growth to build a strategic roadmap for the direction of Sports technology architecture, systems and applications.
- Embed high standards for our engineering practices with the goal to delivering an outstanding Sports customer experience.
OKR delivery governance
- Strong collaboration across key partners in the business, ie. Product on OKR creation and alignment between tribes to ensure the customer outcomes are achieved.
- Establish robust governance, management and controlled delivery of our OKRs including measurement of critical metrics and reporting to key partners.
- Lead on investment proposals & changes for our teams to continuously improve.
- Work with our product teams to ensure a balanced prioritisation across multiple areas of demand– including feature, security, performance, quality, automation and control of our technical debt.
Sports Technical Operations
- Accountability for the stability and technical performance of our products and services that build the customer experience for sports across our sites, brands and licenses.
- Drive initiatives which are passionate about stabilisation and the continued high availability of our platforms and services.
- Lead and be responsible for your tribe’s risks with a particular focus on security, compliance, service availability and reliability.
Budget & financial responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the technology budget including headcount, tech Opex and Capex.
- Ensure smooth financial planning for your area to align with business forecasting and identifying efficiencies in spend when needed.
- Take on account management responsibility with vendors, suppliers and our partners for our key technology services.
- Ensure effective and clear communication to our tribes of our strategies, decisions and plans to improve alignment across our teams.
- Working with product, drive the communication strategy for Sports in building a culture of empowered world class talent.
People & Culture
- Be a key contributor in the sourcing, selection and developing of talent within your tribe.
- Ensure that people development plans and performance reviews are in place for everyone, to help foster a culture of growth and progression.
- Take the lead on championing our culture & innovation approach via improvements in our WoW within our teams to foster a One Team mindset.
- Be an ambassador for Diversity, promote and implement the company’s Diversity Policy always. Corporate social responsibility – uphold, safeguard and promote the reputation and values of the organisation throughout all internal and external business relationships and activities.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to London.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- £1,000 as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- annual travel loans
- subsidised massage sessions
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.