The role: Director of Technology Strategy
We are looking for a Director of Technology Strategy as part of our International division.
Are you our next star player?
The Director of Technology strategy is accountable for creating a single vision on the end state architecture across the International division, including the governance of the programmes to achieve it.
This role will help to drive future thinking in how technology meets our business growth targets. A major responsibility will be able to deputise for the Chief Technology Officer when required.
Why we need you?
The role has many key strategic responsibilities, highlighted below:
- Create a city plan for the vision of the end state technology architecture across the International Division
- Define and collaborate with product verticals to set out our technology principles to act as a guide for “how work is done”
- Define technology menus for our teams to set out clear direction on technologies we use, those we want to avoid and emerging areas for trial
- Facilitate the definition of the technology operating model aligned with the business direction and requirements
- Track emerging technologies to share how these might support our business growth opportunities
- Close collaboration with our Product teams to understand how technology can enable better outcomes
Global technology governance
- Ensure that International initiatives are aligned with Group-wide strategic initiatives and their goals and outcomes
- Represent International at Group-wide Design Council
International technology governance
- Lead the International architecture steering group for implementing the Product system process for reviewing initiatives against outcomes aligned to our target state architecture
- Create architecture team documents, templates and standards for division
- Member of Technical Risk committee to work alongside our technical leaders to support strategies for mitigation
Business growth opportunities / M&A
- Support the Corporate development team with technical due diligence on potential company acquisitions, creating a framework and assessment guides to facilitate the process
- Lead company acquisition integration programmes to develop and implement day 1 and support the defining the target operating model state
- Support the business strategy for market entry with technical approach for license, site, brand capabilities
- Lead a highly skilled team with a range of different skills across multiple countries and time zones
- Attract, develop and retain the best, most diverse talent that work together as a team to achieve our common outcomes
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to London.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- £1,000 as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- annual travel loans
- subsidised massage sessions
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.