We are looking for an Enterprise Solutions Architect to join our Technology Strategy team in Leeds, United Kingdom.
You will directly influence the forward view of technology across the enterprise, ensuring investment is linked to long-term business strategy. Your seat is open, so why not apply today.
Are you our next star player?
The Enterprise Solutions Architect will play a pivotal role in maintaining the integrity of systems, the consistency of applied architectures and providing strategic direction. You will provide extensive technical, strategic advice and guidance of the highest level to senior management and technical resources in the creation and implementation of new technology platforms.
Working closely with key business personnel and technology teams, the Enterprise Solutions Architect will also seek new solutions for Flutter International and ensure that the IT function is prepared as best as possible to deliver.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission aligned.
Why we need you?
Reporting directly to the Chief Enterprise Architect, the Enterprise Solutions Architect will:
- Provide architectural leadership & support of Cross Tribe strategic Tech initiatives
- Establish & evolve Architecture practice centrally & within Tribes
- Formulate a sustainable technical strategy for Flutter International ensuring it is agreed, embedded, regularly communicated and is driving decisions
- Work with the key business personnel to identify solutions that will provide the best return possible for Flutter International
- Provide architecture solutions and technology leadership for Flutter International
- Be responsible for the resolution and removal of technical impediments to the tribe/solutions roadmap
- Provide oversight for budgets and project plans and manage technology risks and issues
- Work with product owners, enterprise architects and technical leads to select the best technologies to meet business needs
- Work in partnership with the project managers, technical leads and developers, making sure that teams are able to realise the architecture, by a combination of mentoring and direct involvement
- Lead and participate in architectural reviews of software, infrastructure, data and other architectures
- Work with product owners, architects, developers and other tech-resource across the organisation to ensure consistency and alignment of the technology roadmaps across the whole organisation
- Work across the enterprise to ensure marketing technology is fully integrated into Flutter International’s proprietary and third-party systems
- Participate in product evaluations, RFP’s, POC’s and business decisions to ensure fit and scale into the platform and the organization
- Work in conjunction with other groups (i.e., Development, Analysis, Solutions Architecture, Infrastructure and operations) with architectural related matters
- Work on pilots, proof of concepts and innovation projects to prove new capabilities and technologies
Who we’re looking for?
- Significant experience in a similar role, specifically Internet based businesses from Betting and Gaming, Retail, Banking and/or IT Consultancy, ideally within a highly regulated industry
- Experience in a software design and development role using web technologies and server-side applications such as C++/JEE/.NET/Kafka based technology
- Experience of designing complex, scalable solutions
- Experience with and buy-in on agile/lean development methodologies, continuous delivery principles
- Significant experience of solutions delivery/business architecture of COTS platforms
- Proven track record and ability in leading technical staff, using wide-ranging skills (including planning, organising and interpersonal skills)
- Experience of Software Development Methodologies and Frameworks. For example, Agile and Unified Process
- Knowledge of enterprise infrastructure, servers, deployment, provisioning, networking, and security
- Knowledge of data architectures and technologies, including both relational/SQL and noSQL databases.
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure
- An appreciation of key NFRs and how to ensure these are tested
- A strong customer, and delivery focus with considerable experience delivering marketing technology solutions at a hands-on level
- Capable of translating architectural designs into software taking account of target environment, performance requirements and existing systems
- A thorough understanding of architectural design principles
- Willingness to learn new things, take ownership and solve complex issues
- A strong customer focus and will be delivery driven and have the ability to keep a strategic focus whilst dealing tactically with day-to-day issues
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, from user up to C-level executives
- Ability to keep a strategic focus whilst dealing tactically with day-to-day issues
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive.
Your package will include:
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- Starting from 25 days paid annual leave increasing with service
- Health and dental insurance for you, and 50% coverage for your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Personal life insurance and income protection
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- External learning support of up to £2,000 or equivalent in local currency, dedicated 4 learning “Power Hours” every month during office time, full access to the Udemy and Mindtools platforms, in-house leadership program and many other training opportunities for developing your skills and progressing your career
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- Discounted gym membership
- Social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
- Online Discount Scheme, including discounted shopping and cinema vouchers.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for our Enterprise Solutions Architect role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.