The role: Financial Accountant
We are looking for a Financial Accountant to join our busy and dynamic Finance team in our Isle of Man office.
Are you our next star player?
Being a FTSE and ISEQ listed public company can be challenging. That’s why our Finance team holds itself at the cutting edge of all the major functional disciplines, never standing still and continually innovating. Our teams are actively engaged in a diverse range of activities which include; Financial Reporting, Group Accounting, Management Accounting, FP&A, Treasury, Transaction Processing, Financial Systems & Projects, Commercial Finance & Business Partnering, Corporate Development and Investor Relations.
Imagine how being part of such a diverse yet agile team could provide you with outstanding opportunities to build out your skill set, and to do so all within the same organisation!
Our largest finance teams are located in Dublin, London and the Isle of Man, with distinct Finance teams supporting our main businesses and operating units located across three continents in the US, Europe, and Australia. This in itself crafts the opportunity to move geographically within the Group or to get involved in cross-location and international assignments.
Learning is at the core of our culture. No matter how experienced you may be, our Finance team can offer you a rich environment for growth and development with an opportunity to learn from some of the best people in their fields. We support all the major accountancy bodies; ACA, ACCA, CIMA, and have successfully supported many students through their professional training qualifications. We also offer a rich curriculum of in-house and external learning which covers technical competencies and a broad range of ‘softer’ skills, such as personal impact, negotiation tactics, and building-resilience, to name just a few. This carefully crafted combination helps to build well rounded skill-sets within our team – creating the Finance professional demanded for today and for tomorrow.
Underpinned by state-of-the-art technology, for which we were the architects, engineers and implementation team, we continually drive operational improvements and efficiencies in everything we deliver – if you enjoy setting new standards in Finance then you’ve come to the right place.
Join us and become part of a highly experienced and highly driven Finance community, with big ambition and bigger influence, operating at pace within the largest Gaming Group in the world including well known consumer brands such as PokerStars, Paddy Power, SkyBet and Betfair.
Why we need you:
Reporting to the Finance Manager you will be responsible for accounting and reporting for the International Division of the Flutter Group. The successful candidate will be heavily involved in working with the finance business partnering team in the creation of month end accounts for our business units in addition to their responsibilities for external financial reporting obligations.
- Take primary responsibility for the reliability and integrity of the underlying financial information:
- Close month end processes within required timelines for assigned channels including the preparation of general ledger entries
- Operate a robust cost accruals process to ensure that costs are accurately accrued within the time constraints of a fast-close environment
- Standardise and automate where possible to improve month end timelines
- Review all significant variances within areas of responsibility for investigation and escalation as necessary
- Prepare the financial packs for assigned departments to a high level of analysis with relevant commentary on variances
- Complete assigned balance sheet reconciliations within set deadlines.
- Maintain and document compliance with internal control requirements
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and annual Group reporting packs and subsidiary financial statements.
- Assist with audit planning and preparation including the interacting with both internal and external auditors
- Perform specific ad-hoc reviews and other tasks as required.
Who are we looking for
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong academic credentials (e.g. honours degree) and experience operating in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to deliver high quality work under pressure of tight reporting deadlines.
- Good team player but should be able to work independently.
- Excellent time management and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A driven, energetic and proactive individual who has a desire for continuous improvement and advancement.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Prior knowledge of SUN or Oracle accounting packages.
- Experience working in the finance department of a multinational environment.
- Experience of the gaming industry or gaming systems.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to the Isle of Man.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- a subsidised canteen which offers hot and cold options for breakfast and lunch
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible. If you meet the criteria, then we’ll invite you to a phone interview and if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a zoom/face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.