The role: We are looking for a Frontend Developer for PokerNews to be based in our Lithuania office.
Are you our next star player?
Specialising in high-quality content for millions of users around the globe, PokerNews is the world’s leading authority on all things poker. The site provides a range of daily news, reviews and strategies, and prides itself on comprehensive live coverage of poker events from all corners of the world. Attracting both new and experienced players alike, our customers also find exclusive videos, podcasts, poker room reviews, and much, much more.
Why we need you:
As Frontend Developer, you will be an integral part of the PokerNews product development process. You will design, implement, test and maintain web-based applications, ensuring that the website operates smoothly and fulfils its functions for the user. You will be involved at all stages of the product development cycle, working closely with the product owner, designers and other developers to transform requirements into experiences that our users will love.
Other responsibilities include:
- Work closely with product owner, designer and other developers to plan and lead frontend features development from start to finish.
- Write high quality code using appropriate technologies and techniques.
- Ensure that the website operates smoothly and fulfils its functions for the user.
- Actively contribute to discussions about improvements to how design, develop, test, and deploy our software, adding to our Continuous Delivery Process.
- Participate in the code review process, both giving and receiving feedback.
- Expand your knowledge of the software development process while solving challenging tasks.Work with agile processes that are adapted to the team’s and project’s needs.
- Experiment with new ideas and technologies to improve the PokerNews product.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone with 2/3 years front-end development with expert knowledge in HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Vanilla JS. You will also have thorough understanding of UX/UI design principles and understanding of SEO best practices and Core Web Vitals. You will have excellent communication skills and attention to detail and are comfortable using software’s such as; Git, Gitlab, Adobe XD, Figma
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Bonus points for Vue.js and Webpack
- Have knowledge of Bootstrap, Material UI or other frontend framework.
- Have experience and knowledge of RESTful API’s
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address).
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of €1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerNews is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.