We are looking for a Full Stack Java Software Developer to join our busy and dynamic Operations Technology team based in our Richmond Hill Office.
Are you our next star player?
You will be playing an integral part in our company’s product development process. You will design, develop, test, and maintain application UI and back-end components deployed on an infrastructure that provides for the Operational Technology group’s needs. You will be involved in all aspects of software development and delivery, such as attending projects kick-off, design and review meetings, working closely with business analysis and design teams, and transforming approved requirements into reliable, secure, and reusable software. You will monitor software development stages to identify and correct implementation errors to meet business requirements and deliver quality standards. Additional duties may be assigned to you from time to time due to business necessity.
Why we need you:
• Participation in a large-scale effort to upgrade our administrative reporting and control systems to the modern, flexible, and secure web technologies
• Review existing or create new functional and design specifications that provide for all business requirements
• Designing efficient algorithms and implement those in code for supporting the entire SDLC, including source control management and delivery pipelines
• Design and development of web-based UI interfaces and back-end services that will drive our extensive dynamic collection of web applications
• Review and investigate production issues
• Provide development status updates to various stakeholders
• Balance multiple projects and priorities with minimal supervision while working under tight deadlines
We are interested in you because:
You are curious by nature and passionate about designing, implementing, and supporting software using industry-leading technologies and principles. You have a proven track record showing on-time completion of high-quality deliverables. You possess excellent analytical and communication skills, multitask, and mentor and advise other team members. You are a self-starter who performs equally well on his own or as part of a small team with minimal supervision and is someone who can solve technical problems and resolve conflicts.
Who you are:
• 4+ years of proven full cycle web software development experience in a large scale interactive environment
• Working knowledge of Java and Spring Boot framework
• Understanding of the modern web architectural patterns, knowledge of such technologies like HTTP(S), REST and WebSocket
• Expert knowledge of Web security, fluency in OWASP Top 10
• Understanding of GraphQL technology, including GQL, Mutations, Resolvers, and Federation
• Understanding Software Development Life Cycle, including unit testing and assisting QA in integration testing, continuous deployment technologies
• Strong communication skills, superb attention to details, ability to work with a remote team in a highly flexible remote environment
• Experience with using 3rd party integration tools and SDKs
• Comfortable with Git, Jira, and Confluence
The following would be a plus:
• Working knowledge of Apollo GraphQL technology stack in Node.js and/or Java
• Working knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, Helm in the AWS ecosystem
• Experience in the development of flexible, responsive, highly functional UI dashboards and their back-end services for reporting and back-end server administration
• Knowledge of computer networking and distributed applications patterns, understanding of micro-services architecture
• Ability to read code and understand the architecture of systems written in C++, ASP, Groovy, Grails, and ExtJS
• Knowing XML related technologies: XSLT, XQuery, XSD
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. Your package will include:
• Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
• $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
• Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
• free snacks and catered lunch
• in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
We hope that we’ve answered as many of your questions about working at the PokerStars as possible, but if you still have some questions, why not try visiting our FAQ page?Find your answers here