The role: Head of Architecture
We are looking for a Head of Architecture to join our Sports Tribe in our Leeds office.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Are you our next star player?
Reporting into the Director of Sports, the Head of Architecture will be pivotal to the International Sports Tribe as we move in the next phase of rolling out the next new sportsbook platform globally. We are currently merging a number of tribes into a single Sports Tribe and require this role to oversee the architecture practices for the squads.
You will own the architectural governance and technical strategy for the entire tribe. You will have a small team to directly line manage, working closely with the product and wider organisation to help define and design the next big thing in Sports.
You will work closely with the other Architects that are embedded in Sports Squads to ensure best in class ways of working and help resolve technical challenges between teams if needed. We are not creating an Architecture Ivory Tower and therefore need people with the right mindset to help empower and grow others in the tribe.
Working with the wider International teams will be a crucial part of the role, aligning architectures and ways of working, feeding into the overall technology strategy for international and influencing your peers to aid delivery.
Why we need you:
Reporting directly to the Director of Tech for Sports, the Head of Architecture will:
- Be joining a tribe of roughly 300 people
- Line Management of 2/3 architects and or Technical BAs
- Lead the community of practice for the architects within Sports (currently around 10 architects)
- Own the technical strategy for the tribe, ensuring it is socialised and understood
- Own the architectural governance process within Sports
- Help unblock teams or mediate decisions when required between squads
- Be the Architectural face of the Sports Tribe to the wider business
- Work with the Product team to help define the long term roadmap for Sports
- Drive the creation of Tech Radars / Menus in each of the areas and their guidelines
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience of Sportsbooks or iGaming platforms.
- Full life cycle experience, responsible for the development of a complete set of architectural views in accordance with one of the more common architecture frameworks.
- Assessing the requirements and presenting architectural recommendations that are in line with the strategic vision for the enterprise and wider best practice.
- Strong business analysis skills and experience, including development of business vision and strategies, functional decomposition, requirements capture, process modelling.
- Strong knowledge of design and architectural patterns.
- Experience of software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development.
- Awareness of systems management and operational support tools Security and/or infrastructure experience would also be a significant benefit
- Proven track record and ability in leading technical staff, using wide-ranging skills (including planning, organising and interpersonal skills);
- Familiarity with and buy-in on agile/lean development methodologies, continuous delivery principles.
- Willingness to learn new things, take ownership and solve complex issues.
- Experience of at least one of the commonly‐used methods, notations and tools (e.g. ArchiMate, System Architect, UML etc).
- Have an awareness of current architectural trends and developments within the market, particularly patterns and technologies being used within International Sports and the wider Flutter
- Provide governance and technical leadership to ensure the products and services you are involved with are aligned with the design goals.
- Develop the tribe’s technology road map and to gain commitment for architecture initiatives.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the tribe’s technologies and architecture and a good understanding of the wider organization’s technologies and architectures.
- Deliver solution designs and impact assessments to support the delivery of business goals and help squads to bring these products to life.
- Identify architectural risks and propose alternatives and solutions.
- Mentor Solution Architects in the tribe
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus, and we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- Discounted gym membership
- In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for our Head of Architecture role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.