Are you our next star player?
We are looking for a Head of DevOps to join our PAM (Player Account Management) tribe in Richmond Hill. In this role, you will lead the DevOps and SRE Chapters, providing our DevOps engineers and SREs with guidance and training to help implement a standardized build, deployment pipelines, stability, reliability and monitoring of our cloud platforms and applications. Your goal will be a fully automated self-service capability for development teams to build, deploy, monitor and operate their own code using industry best-practices and within organizational standards.
Why we need you:
– You will be leading and growing the DevOps and SRE practices with clear direction and strategy
– Promoting DevOps/SRE practices and facilitating knowledge sharing among the PAM Tribe
– You’re used to staying calm under pressure and making clear, logical plans when productions goes wrong
– Help improve systems scalability, reliability, and performance with great attention to speed to market
– Maintaining and reporting system performance statistics as well as Agile KPIs.
– Providing guidance in tooling, solution, architecture, technical design, and providing direction to team members
– Develop and lead the engineering talent in this area
– Performance management of the of the engineering talent
– Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities
– A desire to collaborate with architects, development teams and other stakeholders to improve products
– Excellent communication skills
– The ability to present to senior leadership, both internal and external
– A strong work ethic, and personal interests aligned with the field
Who we’re looking for:
– Leadership, you are a proven and seasoned leader
– 3-5 proven experience of leading high-performing technology teams
– Expert knowledge with build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins Pipelines, GitHub Actions, Harness
– Ability to write code in Java, Groovy, Python or similar as well as cloud orchestration tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation etc.
– Experience with service discovery and configuration management systems such as Salt, Ansible, Consul, Vault
– A deep understanding and hands-on experience with cloud technologies (AWS/GCP/Azure)
– Expert knowledge with containers, Kubernetes and AWS EKS or similar alternative.
– Strong understanding of security best practices for pipelines, infrastructure, and associated tooling
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
– Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
– $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
– Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
– free snacks and catered lunch
– in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
We hope that we’ve answered as many of your questions about working at the PokerStars as possible, but if you still have some questions, why not try visiting our FAQ page?Find your answers here