The role: Head of Product Delivery
We are looking for a Head of Product Delivery to join our GSTP team in Leeds!
Are you our next star player?
We are building a brand-new Sportsbook product that will take the best shared components from the Flutter Group, with a new bespoke UI presentation tier tailored to our customer needs. We are looking for somebody with deep experience in agile product management to strategically lead and develop the product team responsible for the delivery of quality Sportsbook features to customers, collaborating with product discovery/UX, the business, delivery and tech to drive the best customer experience possible.
Why we need you
You’ll be a senior leader on this critical, strategic project, with funding and opportunities to match our huge ambition. It’s your chance to build new products that will ultimately be used by millions around the world, working with the best product and technology professionals, while learning new skills and developing yourself with a new challenge.
You’ll develop the product delivery team and processes to ensure the product delivery pipeline efficiently produces new features and improved journeys to the highest quality. You’ll act as the strategy owner whilst also getting the detail to ensure the vision is deliverable, you’ll be the interface between the delivery squads, project teams, the product discovery team and our external partners.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for an individual with experience of running product teams with deep Sportsbook or Trading product management experience, who is willing to think beyond the current capabilities of sports betting platforms to deliver a marketing leading experience for our millions of customers. Key skills, behaviours and knowledge should include:
- Head of Product or Senior Product Manager experience within a scaled agile development methodology environment
- Strong experience in the sports betting sector, with an appreciation of the business logic, operational processes and end customer needs
- Proven team leadership skills, with the ability to facilitate the development of autonomous robust teams
- Naturally collaborative, and with a desire to be part of a highly successful team rather than just a highly successful individual
- An analytical and inquisitive mind-set with the ability to analyse sophisticated problems, determine solutions, and produce tangible outcomes
- Ability to maintain a balance between short-term delivery and longer-term strategy
- Highly organised and self-motivated, with a desire to see a job through to conclusion
- Excellent interpersonal skills, comfortable operating at all levels of an organisation
- Use commercial, insight and research functions to contribute to the Objectives and Key Results with the most customer and business value to identify and prioritise opportunities; define product critical metrics to allow robust success measurement
- Set the strategies that will deliver our Sportsbook mission; ensure we balance delivery to deadlines with the need to build a new Sportsbook of exceptional quality
- Work with and direct your team to set the component strategies and roadmaps, building a specialist understanding and sense of ownership with the team
- At the programme/workstream level, structure, break down and sequence the scope to ensure workflows into the teams in a coherent manner
- Ensure your team define detailed functional and non-functional requirements for engineers, architects and other team members
- Review/measure/assess delivered solutions to ensure to features can launch rapidly, to a high-quality and sustainably
- Build and maintain an excellent working relationship with colleagues in related product teams to ensure the overall priorities are aligned and dependencies are sequenced appropriately
- Form strong working relationships with peers in engineering, delivery, and architecture to drive improvements in the efficiency of delivery
- As a senior leader in the tribe, work without constraints to seek improvements in culture, process, and communications
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- £1,000 as a congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.