The Role: Head of Product, Operations Technology
We are looking for a Head of Product, OpTech to join our Operations Product team in our London office.
Are you our next Star player?
We are looking for an accomplished product leader with expertise in building and updating custom platforms to lead a growing Operations Product team. As the Head of Product, OpTech, you will direct a team of Product Managers who build and integrate 3rd party back-office systems that assist Customer Operations help our Players, provide the tools for Fraud and Security teams to keep an eagle eye on what’s happening on the floor and provide the Players with engaging ways to self-solve or connect to our agents in multiple languages. You will partner closely with the Director of PAM to develop a product strategy, translate it into a roadmap, and drive plan execution.
Why we need you:
The Head of OpTech Product is a key role within the Customer function and the organisation at large. This role has responsibility for leading the teams focused on Operations Product – Customer Assistance, Case Work, Agent Management, System Reports, Localisation, and the modernisation of back office systems shared among the Sports and Gaming verticals within PokerStars. This includes multiple complex product domains that operate at a global scale in a fast paced and highly regulated environment.
The challenge for this role is to build out a compelling, coherent, and integrated strategy across each of the areas above. It is critical that this role actively thinks through the lens of platform capabilities at scale across multiple territories to create authentic local experiences. This role works in close partnership with the Operations business function to drive the best experience for our Players. We are also at a key moment of change with sweeping changes in our ways of working, platform and product experience allowing this role to shape a key team in the business.
- Setting the strategic vision for the growth and direction of the operational products development and/or integration and work with your teams to turn that vision into a deliverable strategy
- Delivering against that strategic vision, factoring in diverse inputs such as business strategy, regulatory compliance, customer experience, technological considerations, and many others
- Leading relatively complex initiatives through multi–disciplinary group of people, working together to achieve simple and user-friendly user experiences
- Ensuring commercial stakeholder alignment through effective communications and partnerships across vertical product teams, marketing, business development and customer operations teams to shape the Operation Technology product strategy
- Working in partnership with product engineering, product design, data product, regulatory product, and vertical product counterparts to deliver on the articulated vision and strategy.
- Owning the creation of data driven insight – mining, manipulating and evaluating the insights and impact data reveals to inform decisions and influence outcomes
- Creating and bringing back to the business, market insight on the evolution of Operations’ product experiences both in related verticals both within and outside the immediate industry
- Taking a leading role in landing a customer centric, outcome focussed and openly curious way of working within the Customer Function and beyond.
Who we’re looking for:
- You will have proven credentials managing both third party product integrations and internal development of bespoke products in a customer-centric business that operates its own contact centre across multiple regions, where you have driven the growth of a products or services across multiple territories.
- Demonstrated strong product leadership, including the practice of modern development methodologies, with strategic thinking allowing you to prioritise and translate strategy into actionable outcomes and key results.
- Experience in gaming is not expected, however you will have experience working fast-paced, dynamic, consumer-focused technology companies.
- You will be comfortable working with senior stakeholders but also building strong relationships at peer level and below.
- Have the drive and tenacity to take on an ambitious growth agenda.
- You are bright, passionate, and pragmatic – focused on delivery whilst not losing sight of strategic imperatives. This is a position that should be attractive for both the specific role and as an opportunity for career progression within a business that retains and rewards high performers.
Key qualities and experience:
- Bring a deep understanding and experience of Product Management best practice
- Be metric obsessed, ensuring that the Product team understands the impact of broader Technology choices and trade-offs in relation to business needs
- Have a strong commitment to developing talent, encouraging cross-functional problem solving and decision making to realise outcomes and build trust
- Be passionate about Product – remaining abreast of the latest developments in the field to develop team capabilities
- Comfortable with the basics of running a large team (e.g., hiring and firing, team prioritization and allocation, budgeting)
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to London.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- annual travel loans
- subsidised massage sessions
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a Zoom Interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.