The role: Head of Product, Payments
We are looking for a Head of Product, Payments to join our Payments Product team in our Dublin office.
Are you our next star player?
We are looking for an accomplished product leader with expertise in the Payments area to lead a growing Payments Product team. As the Head of Product, Payments, you will direct a team of Product Managers who build all aspects of the Payments ecosystem, from the customer experience, through infrastructure, 3rd party integrations, and compliance. You will partner closely with the Director of PAM to develop a product strategy, translate it into a roadmap, and drive plan execution.
Flutter is a global leader in the sports betting, gaming, and interactive entertainment industry, and the holding company for several incredible brands including PaddyPower Betfair, Sky Betting and Gaming, FOX Bet, PokerStars, Sportsbet, Adjarabet, and FanDuel.
The Flutter business has now been restructured into four main units: Sportsbet (Australia), Flutter US, Flutter UK & Ireland, and the International division. Within the International division sits the PokerStars brand (yearly revenue of c.$850 million), the Adjarabet business, and it will be the region for acquisitions and investments into future growth markets. This role sits in the Customer function which exists to transform customer experiences through a customer centric, hypothesis led, data driven, outcome focused approach, where there is a risk tolerance for failure. The Customer function plays a critical role in the performance of the PokerStars business, and Flutter International more broadly.
Why we need you:
The Head of Payments Product is a key role within the Customer function and the organisation at large. This role has responsibility for leading the teams focused on all Payments Product – wallet, payment method integrations, cashier platform for depositing, withdrawal and managing funds, etc. activities in areas that are shared among the Sports and Gaming verticals within PokerStars. This includes multiple complex product domains that operate at a global scale in a fast paced and highly regulated environment.
The challenge for this role is to build out a compelling, coherent, and integrated strategy across each of the areas above. It is critical that this role actively thinks through the lens of platform capabilities at scale across multiple territories to create authentic local experiences. This role works in close partnership with the Payments business function to drive the best experience for our Players. We are also at a key moment of change with sweeping changes in our ways of working, platform and product experience allowing this role to shape a key team in the business.
- Setting the strategic vision for the growth and direction of the Payments product development system and work with your teams to turn that vision into a deliverable strategy
- Delivering against that strategic vision, factoring in diverse inputs such as business strategy, regulatory compliance, customer experience, technological considerations, and many others
- Leading relatively complex initiatives through multi–disciplinary group of people, working together to achieve simple and user-friendly user experiences
- Ensuring commercial stakeholder alignment through effective communications and partnerships across vertical product teams, marketing, business development and customer operations teams to shape the Payments product strategy
- Working in partnership with product engineering, product design, data product, regulatory product, and vertical product counterparts to deliver on the articulated vision and strategy.
- Owning the creation of data driven insight – mining, manipulating and evaluating the insights and impact data reveals to inform decisions and influence outcomes
- Creating and bringing back to the business, market insight on the evolution of Payment product experiences both in related verticals both within and outside the immediate industry
- Taking a leading role in landing a customer centric, outcome focussed and openly curious way of working within the Customer Function and beyond.
Who are we looking for?
You will have proven credentials managing Payments Products in a customer-centric business, where you have driven the growth of a consumer product or service across multiple territories. You will combine strong product leadership, including the practice of modern development methodologies, with strategic thinking allowing you to prioritise and translate strategy into actionable outcomes and key results.
Experience in gaming is not expected, however you will have experience working fast-paced, dynamic, consumer-focused technology companies. You will be comfortable working with senior stakeholders but also building strong relationships at peer level and below. You will be able to hit the ground running and have the drive and tenacity to take on an ambitious growth agenda. You are bright, passionate, and pragmatic – focused on delivery whilst not losing sight of strategic imperatives. This is a position that should be attractive for both the specific role and as an opportunity for career progression within a business that retains and rewards high performers.
Key Qualities & Experience:
- Bring a deep understanding and experience of Product Management best practice
- Be metric obsessed, ensuring that the Payments Product team understands the impact of broader Technology choices and trade-offs in relation to business needs
- Have a strong commitment to developing talent, encouraging cross-functional problem solving and decision making to realise outcomes and build trust
- Be passionate about Product – remaining abreast of the latest developments in the field to develop team capabilities
- Comfortable with the basics of running a large team (e.g., hiring and firing, team prioritization and allocation, budgeting)
Flutter Leadership and Culture
- Outside-the-box thinking: Demonstrating the ability and willingness to develop innovative, exciting solutions to business problems. Having a passion for challenging the status quo and finding new solutions
- Humility:Taking a collaborative approach required to understanding organizational problems. Believing in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, safety, and trust
- Customer centricity:Have an interest with how users experience products and services and have a hunger to improve those experiences
- Ambition: Possess a significant personal and professional drive to improve standing of Design internally
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Dublin.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 EUR for your new addition whilst working for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- access to an onsite gym.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.