Role: Head of Product, SRE & Infrastructure
Reporting to the Director of SRE, this role will be responsible for owning the Product Roadmap across the Infra & SRE teams.
Based in one of our Global office with travel required to the other offices you will play a fundamental role in the future development and success of Flutter International. Working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and our development teams you will be responsible for ensuring the Platform our Tribe’s products are built on are stable, scalable, easy to deploy and cost effective whilst balancing the need to improve existing systems with the demands of the business to expand into new jurisdictions.
Acting as the interface between the delivery squads, project teams, other Product Teams and our stakeholders, you will be responsible for the elicitation and communication of business requirements at every level; ultimately breaking requests down into backlog items that engineers understand and can build. You will use data to drive your decisions and in doing so prioritise the relevant backlogs to create first class platforms and maximise value to the business.
- Manage the Infra & SRE squad’s roadmap across the business, coordinating with other tribes and working with internal stakeholders, including senior management across technology, marketing, research, commercial and trading to ensure we maximise the return on our investment and time
- Work with and lead your team to set the vision and roadmap, aligning everyone behind a common goal, to motivate and energise behind that vision; building a shared understanding of the platform with the team
- Share the reasoning behind your decisions with appropriate stakeholders, define and communicate the priority for delivery.
- Full end-to-end management of all aspects of the squad’s systems and services to deliver first class platforms and ultimately revenues for the business
- Define clear & unambiguous functional and non-functional business requirements and processes and communicate these as appropriate with engineers, architects and other stakeholders
- Use Commercial, Insight and Research functions to identify the features with the most customer and business value to identify opportunities and to prioritise the backlog
- Build relationships with other Product Managers across the business to understand how your areas of focus impact or depend on other roadmaps and subsequently get those opportunities scheduled on their roadmaps
- Maintain an appropriate level of understanding of relevant systems and business processes
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues in Operational and Technology functions
- Working without boundaries to ensure your product area delivers best-in-class features rapidly, to a high-quality and sustainably
- Review/measure/assess delivered solutions to ensure fitness for purpose
- Explore opportunities to improve effectiveness of delivery; making recommendations and changes in process as appropriate
- Ad-hoc analysis of operational data to discover opportunities and fix problems
- Facilitates workshops, interviews and meetings with business stakeholders and their delegates to capture and document the existing business process and desired changes, using standard process modelling techniques.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of managing end-to-end delivery; from concept to cash, ensuring frequent, successful and well-coordinated releases to users
Key Skills and Characteristics:
We are looking for an individual of potential, with relevant product delivery experience in a consumer facing digital or ecommerce environment. Experience of previous Infrastructure/Backend systems would be interesting but not a requirement. Key skills and experience would ideally include:
- Senior Product Management experience within a lean / agile development methodology
- An analytical and inquisitive mind-set with the ability to translate business cases and analysis into tangible outcomes
- Ability to maintain a good balance between short-term delivery and longer-term planning
- Naturally collaborative, and with a desire to be part of a highly successful team rather than just a highly successful individual
- High levels of commitment and enthusiasm
- Interest in and knowledge of the latest technology and media trends, in particular an interest in mobile based products
- Highly organised and self-motivated, with a desire to see a job through to conclusion
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and comfortable operating at all levels of an organisation
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus, and we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- £1,000 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone/zoom interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for another zoom or face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.