The role: We are looking for a Head of Regional Compliance, International Division to join our team in Leeds.
Reporting to the Group Risk Management and Compliance Director, you will be responsible for ensuring appropriate processes, systems and structures are in place for all aspects of the development and lifecycle management of the Group’s regulatory and licensing objectives in c. 10 jurisdictions!
Are you our next star player?
You will possess an excellence in leadership, with proven people management skills. You will hold significant experience in commensurately senior roles and have a proven track record of delivering results in a challenging commercial environment. You will be capable of delivering results, with and through colleagues and peers, both cross functionally and cross jurisdictionally. Specific compliance experience is not a prerequisite but the candidate should have a professional background (accountancy, law, audit or compliance) with relevant professional qualifications.
Why we need you?
- You will help set and deliver a licensing strategy for Flutter’s International Division
- Drive a culture of compliance across the business units
- You will influence at Board and Senior Management levels to ensure the support and development of an appropriate Divisional approach
- Develop a strong team to support current and future business needs and build a pipeline of talent
Leadership & Team management
- As a senior member of the CLRO function, you will display outstanding leadership skills consistently amongst the wider team and across the organisation
- Provide a high degree of reliance and accountability to senior executives and board members
- You will work with the team of c. 25 compliance professionals to help deliver efficiencies and positive business impacts to allow for further scaling in line with group growth
- Lead and develop c. 10-12 team members proactively and continuously – maintaining and developing a high-performance culture and progressing a talent pipeline
- Support adequate team expertise through effective training and development.
- You will review and challenge the executive team and senior management on key operational and strategic decisions that may have a licensing implication. Build internal relationships to support the business in meeting legal and regulatory obligations in line with the risk appetite of the International Division.
- Proactively will engage with regulators as and when required by business and jurisdictional needs. Work collaboratively other industry partners to influence sensible regulatory outcomes.
- Act as a functional professional with respect to licensing matters. Supervise and interpret regulatory change and developments to ensure the impact on the business is highlighted and understood by relevant senior management as well as keeping ahead of changing obligations.
- You will have oversight of varied regulatory activities undertaken by our organisation in various potential locations and ensure appropriate structures are in place to support compliance.
- Work closely with other key controls functions including Internal Audit, Risk Management, Data Protection and Legal to ensure a comprehensive, effective and streamlined approach to risk management
- Support the monitoring programme of business compliance across the Division, including driving continuous improvement in related systems and processes.
- Support the implementation of a risk management tool which helps support the Division in ensuring compliance with all key legal and regulatory obligations
Who we’re looking for
- You will be an experienced professional with a track record in delivering results in multi-jurisdictional businesses
- Prior experience in a financial institution, law firm or major accounting firm would be a considerable advantage
- Ability to develop technical knowledge and demonstrates the behaviours to lead a function
- Previous experience of managing expectations at senior executive level
- Communicative and eloquent, able to operate credibly with the most senior partners. Professional and developed influencing skills with experience of successfully managing internal partners with conflicting priorities.
- Possessing the organisational/sectoral knowledge required for identifying areas of compliance vulnerability and aligning the compliance functions with the business
- Experience of a Plc environment and retail, e-commerce and/or betting and gaming industry experience would also be desirable.
- You will be a motivational team builder, with a hands-on approach to management with experience of assessing skills gaps and identifying learning and development needs, then supporting or coordinating L&D / career pathways
- Strong process skills combined with commercial acumen and an ability to identify risk. Strong presentation and communication skills: the ability to accurately identify key issues and communicate them broadly
- High energy and drive, and flexible enough to work in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and changing environment and the resilience to embrace challenge
- The potential to take on increasingly senior roles within the Flutter Group
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
Flutter Entertainment Plc is a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.