Are you our next star player?
The Head of Technology is responsible for the end-to-end delivery in our Central Projects tribe. This tribe is where we manage our new market entry, regulatory reporting and cross-tribe strategic initiatives.
You will manage all of the technology teams within the Tribe – Engineering, Project and Agile Delivery, Test and QA and architecture.
You will work with the Tribe Product Director to define and drive product roadmaps.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience within an agile environment but also in managing large scale, complex projects using internal and third-party teams. They will also have excellent communicatory and relationship building skills – much of the work will involve multiple tribes, multiple teams, multiple countries and multiple third-parties.
The Head of Technology will:
- Tribe technical authority for all aspects of technology, the line manager of all technical resource in the tribe. Along with the Tribe Product Director, this is a key decision maker. Given the nature of the work the tech lead is a key to those decisions as the technology expert.
- Responsible for the technical delivery within the channel. Needs to work with architecture to ensure we are implementing the “right” solution considering a number of factors.
- Line manage a team of architects, project managers, developers and testers, whilst working closely with product owners, marketing, finance, third party software providers and other tribes to prioritise, plan and deliver high quality solutions.
- Creates and drives initiatives in technology and product development that benefit the channel and its business function.
- Understand what ”good looks like” across the main tech disciplines within the channel Architecture, Scrum Master, Dev and QA. Working within the tribe and the team members in these areas to raise standards in these areas specifically. Provides general direction to the Dev Managers based on the need of the tribe.
- Works with the other Tribe Technology Leads to improve ways of working and product development for the tribe. This includes: Architecture, Development, Scrum Master, Business Analysis, QA, U/X, Infrastructure / Platform, Support / Operations / Info Sec etc, Release Management
- Ensures that technology resourcing and type of roles required in the tribe is correct based on demand and budget
- Contributes to objective setting for tech team members via the line manager. Understands what the channel needs to focus on and improve and feed this into the line managers performance objective setting and should be engaged with objective reviews and performance management as appropriate. Engaged in all tech leaver and retention activities within the channel.
- Has a clear understanding of the tribe big picture. Understands the mission (goals and objectives to achieve them). Represents the channel in strategy planning an cross-channel initiatives.
- Helps define and drive the technology roadmap through engagement with architecture (owner) and the business owners in the channel.
- Outwardly engages other tribe Technology Leads to share tech activities in the channel, key initiatives, pain points and most importantly key alignment activities.
- Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with key 3rd party suppliers in the channel and ensures they are engaged to accordingly on tech initiatives and activities from the channel
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Significant experience in a similar role, specifically Internet based businesses from Betting and Gaming, Retail, Banking and/or IT Consultancy, ideally within a highly regulated industry.
- A thorough understanding of architectural design principles.
- A thorough understanding of IT system environments i.e. operating systems, networking, applications and databases.
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and works well under pressure
- A strong customer focus and can establish effective relationships.
- Extensive experience gained in Technology/Product Programme and Project Delivery.
- Confident operating in an environment of continuous change and challenging colleagues and customers.
- Excellent communicator and influencer, adapting style as appropriate
- Proven track record of ability to lead a technical team.
- Ability to keep strategic focus whilst dealing tactically with day to day issues.
- Results driven, motivated by success.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- Paid for lunches, as well as fresh fruit, snacks and drinks around the office
- Regular on-site yoga sessions
About The Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for our role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.