The role: HR Business Partner Technology (12 month FTC)
We are looking for a HR Business Partner to support the delivery of the Technology and global people plan, and partner with International Technology business units to provide HR support. You will ensure that HR is seen as a valuable contributor to the local business in achieving its overall vision by working with leaders to deliver the people plan, as well as coach and empower managers on people relations issues. The successful candidate will also be expected to embed HR excellence locally, utilising resources made available from Central HR to support this.
Some national/international travel will be required primarily to Sofia, Bulgaria.
Why we need you:-
You will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinating necessary paperwork pre-on boarding including work permit applications, background checks, offer and contract delivery
- Conducting exit interviews and supporting the people managers in reviewing attrition and developing retention initiatives
- Partnering with line managers and strategic partners on talent development plans for their business areas
- Working closely with our Talent Acquisition team to support resourcing plans, including participation in interviews, and encouraging people with internal opportunities.
Engagement and Employee Experience
- Along with the local leadership team, identifying and implementing innovative initiatives to drive employee engagement and develop company culture, and seeking opportunities to build morale
- Delivering people initiatives locally including a wellbeing programme that supports functions in achieving their business goals
- Providing seamless on boarding and supporting the employee journey from on boarding to life events and career development
- Partnering and providing trusted advice on employee relations issues to people managers on company policies and procedures, including attendance and performance management
- Providing outstanding support to employees within the locations on any HR related matters
- Coaching people managers on best practice when dealing with performance or conduct issues
- Assisting in development and implementation of appropriate HR policies
- Identifying gaps that may exist to place the business at risk and acting on them
- Participating in change initiatives as per business requirements
Compensation and Benefits
- Understanding the local market and how we compare in our reward packages, actively seeking out information about competitors’ packages and ensuring we are leaders locally
- Liaising with central payroll monthly to ensure any necessary amendments are processed
- Managing projects and partnering with local management teams and global HR teams on company initiatives
- Working closely with Group HR to drive HR strategy at a local level and participating in projects
Who are we looking for:-
You will have experience at HR Business Partner or Manager level within a fast-paced working environment and outstanding knowledge of local legislation, culture and industry.. A focus on proactively delivering high levels of client service is vital, as well as excellent communication skills and the ability to have an impact and influence at all levels. You will also be approachable in nature, listening to people’s needs and knowing what is important to them.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:-
- HR Professional qualifications/memberships or the ability to demonstrate equivalent exposure
- Coaching capability when supporting people managers
- The ability to work on your own initiative and to know when to call on support when needed
- A consultative and collaborative approach to getting things done
Desirable knowledge and skills:
- Experience within a multinational company
- Project management experience – evidence of leading and participating in successful projects
- Proficiency in Workday or other HR systems
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com).
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.