The role: HR Director, Technology – International Division – Leeds
The HR Director, Technology will partner with the Chief Technology Officer to define a people strategy for the Technology function that enables the achievement of customer centric, commercially aligned outcomes.
The HR Director will lead a team of HR professionals across 6 locations to execute the people strategy and in so doing ensure that in all instances organisational structures are optimal, ways of working enable efficiency and people policies drive engagement, innovation and differentiation in our local markets so as to attract and retain the best, most diverse global Technology talent.
The HR Director, Technology will be a member of the HR leadership team, the International division’s extended leadership team and the Technology leadership team.
- Acting as a strategic sounding board and advisor to the International Chief Technology Officer and the Technology leadership team
- Bringing together the current people services and strategy partner teams to provide a coherent, aligned and proactive HR service to the Technology function
- Providing expert input to organisation design to ensure that the structure of the Intl Technology function enables the achievement of customer centric, commercial outcomes
- Strong commercial management of people costs and people risks across the Technology function
- Championing the talent agenda to ensure that the Intl division is set up to attract, develop and retain the highest-calibre individuals (including succession planning, talent interventions, remuneration planning, etc.)
- Establishing and embedding an approach to employee engagement (both at a functional and local level) that stands the Technology function out as an employer of choice for all current and would be employees
- Ensuring the highest levels of compliance with BAU HR processes and policies
- Using people data to deliver key insights and prompt appropriate action by the senior team
- Undertaking senior level hiring and ensuring delivery of effective end-to-end recruitment processes across functions and geographies for Technology
- Building strong relationships with leaders and teams within the business globally to enhance overall individual, team & organisational performance
- Tapping into the network of HRDs across the group to share ideas and facilitate a joined up approach that improves our employee experience
- Providing leadership to, managing and growing a first-rate HR team that shares best practice and is highly regarded by the business
- Effective Communicator: Provides clarity on business goals; is effective in all types of communication; adjusts communication style to fit the audience; consistently communicates the mission, vision and values to inspire, energise and motivate others; ensures others understand how their efforts positively impact the bigger picture; creates an environment that encourages effective communication and the sharing of diverse perspectives.
- Talent Focused: Demonstrates a strong commitment to the development of talent; recommends and supports development activities in preparation for future roles; invests time to coach and mentor others; proactively manages development to ensure a pipeline of talent is in place; is a talent magnet, capable of identifying, attracting, selecting and developing top talent including and not shying away from talent that goes beyond their own capabilities; finds and attracts diverse talent who have the critical capabilities needed by the organisation; works to create an organisation that is an attractive place to work
- Resilient: Creates a climate where people are curious, resilient, determined, learn and adapt; handles and manages crises effectively; anticipates and shows the way forward during setbacks; builds energy in others to stick with it/ to stay on track / push through.
- Big Thinker: Constantly explores and analyses future scenarios and possibilities to help respond to change and shape the future; drives self and others to pursue opportunities that will create sustainable value; contributes to the functional strategy, mapping and aligning efforts to strategic imperatives
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- £1,000 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.