The role: HR Manager
We are looking for a HR Manager to join our team in Sofia and drive excellence for our local entity currently employing more than 600 professionals across three main areas – Customer Service, Technology and Marketing and a strategic growth plan ahead for 2021.
Reporting to the HR Director, the HR Manager will be a proxy for the local entity Stars Interactive Services Bulgaria responsible for all local HR employment, compliance and regulatory processes. Working directly with the HR teams based in Sofia and globally, this role is key to ensure adherence to global and local compliance of HR processes as well as driving the local and global vision. A key member of the local Leadership Committee, their role will be to identify and implement improvements to internal processes, find solutions to local challenges and foster a culture of inclusiveness and engagement for employees through local initiatives and activities.
- Validate and sign off on all employee-related paperwork (offers, contracts, termination orders, disciplinary, labour books, letters and orders)
- Validate and sign regular reports to the Labour Bureau, the Labour Inspectorate, Occupational Health
- Act as official point of contact for the local authorities (NRA, NSSI, distraints, Labour Inspectorate, etc.)
- Work directly with the global Compliance team on implementation and improvements to global HR policies and Internal Audits
- Work proactively with the local legal service vendor to publish existing processes, manage escalations or adopt changes in the local legislation
- Establish new Bulgaria-specific audit practices to ensure local compliance
- Revisit local templates, policies and Internal Rules to ensure they are up-to-date and serve the business on a regular basis
- Work with the relevant central teams on any changes in the Labour law or internal process changes that need to be adopted for Bulgaria
- Play an active role where required in restructuring efforts in the location
- Act as local Ambassador of people ensuring the HR service provided is excellent and fit for purpose
- Develop a good understanding of the business and functions in order to deliver effective solutions
- Along with the local leadership team, identify and implement initiatives to drive business excellence, employee engagement and develop company culture
Compensation & Benefits
- Understand the local market and how we compare in our reward packages
- Pro-actively seek out information about competitors comp packages, ensuring we are leaders locally
- Liaise with central payroll monthly to ensure any necessary amendments are processed
- Be very familiar with benefit packages offered by the business
- Manage projects and partner closely with local management team and global HR teams on company initiatives
- Work with Group HR to drive HR strategy at a local level and participate in Group HR projects
Skills and Capabilities
- Solid experience at HR Manager level in a fast-paced international working environment
- Outstanding knowledge of Bulgarian labour legislation
- Solid experience of implementing global HR policies for Bulgaria
- Ability to assess risk and make practical decisions
- Be focused on proactively delivering high levels of client service
- Ability to work on own initiative and know when to call on support where required
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills ability to have impact and influence at all levels
- Approachable in nature with excellent listening skills
- Positive individual, leading by example, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Proficiency in dealing with challenging clients and situations
- Adaptable and flexible, changing style of approach for varying scenarios
- Consultative and collaborative approach to getting things done
- A ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to go the extra mile when required
- Coaching capability when supporting people managers
- HR professional qualification
- Previous experience gained within a mid-sized multinational company
- A background in tech / gaming
- Proficiency in Workday or other HR Systems
- Legal/Accounting/Payroll background
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Bulgaria.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- a personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- 1000 BGN as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- contribution towards your transportation and lunch expenses
- relaxation areas around the office, including a PlayStation and Pool table
- sports program and social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.