The role: Information Security Engineer
We are looking for an Information Security Engineer to join our Security Engineering team in our Dublin office.
“This is a superb opportunity for a suitably experienced individual to directly influence and improve the security posture of the company!” – Neil Dickinson, Senior Information Security Architect
Are you our next star player
At this role, you will become a pivotal member of the team supporting the organisation’s cyber defence strategy. The Information Security team provides an exciting and challenging environment, using best of breed tools and methodologies to protect and strengthen the company’s IT platforms.
This role follows a hybrid approach to working, allowing you to combine working from home with working in our modern offices. These discussions are between you and your manager to find the best pattern for you both! We will kit you out to work from home but know that working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Why we need you
As an Information Security Engineering, you will:
- Perform security architecture reviews of new and existing platforms.
- Partner with business units, providing input on security best practices throughout project-lifecycles.
- Deploy and maintain the department’s internal security systems.
- Contribute to the Security program, performing host reviews and security audits.
- Identifying threats and vulnerabilities and present findings within a structured risk assessment framework.
- Become a member of the 24/7 on-call rota team.
Who we’re looking for
A proficient IT professional capable of providing guidance on many of the aspects of security engineering.
- Extensive experience in either a 3rd line IT Systems or mid-level Developer role
- Working with Cloud technologies including AWS & Azure.
- Previous experience in an Information Security role is desirable.
- Good hands-on Linux skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and technologies.
- A solid understanding of Networking including protocols and firewalls.
- Real world technical “hands-on” experience designing and deploying complex solutions.
- A keen in interest in security and a strong desire to learn new technologies and a passion for information security.
- A solid grasp of IT Security concepts.
- An industry standard security qualification is desirable.
- Able to prioritise and work within tight time scales to meet deadlines.
- Strong service skills and excellent customer facing demeanour.
- Superb interpersonal skills, strong multi-tasker and excellent teammate.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Dublin.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- A personal interest allowance to let you learn something new or pursue a hobby
- The option to join our company pension scheme
- Looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of 1,000 EUR for your new addition whilst working for us
- In-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- Access to an onsite gym.
About the Group
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.
Want a seat at the table? Apply now!
We will aim to respond to you as soon as possible. If you’re the right fit for the role, you will be invited to a phone/zoom interview.
Find your passion with PokerStars.