The role: Security Engineer
We are looking for a Security Engineer to join our busy and dynamic team based in our Leeds office or working remotely within the UK.
Why we need you
Your main responsibilities as a Security Engineer:
- Work with our development teams to improve their knowledge of application security and best practices to ensure that we what we build is secure and protects our players and systems at risk.
- Working closely with our developers you will ensure implementation and continuous improvement of our application security framework to harden our online services and prevent cyber-attacks.
- Execute code scans using niche tools, complemented by selective manual review as well as maintaining and configuring SAST and DAST tools.
Who we’re looking for
Essential skills and experience:
- Extensive work experience in the field of information/software security
- Deep knowledge and understanding of software weaknesses (CWE, OWASP)
- Cryptography and networking protocols
- Experience with static code analysis tools such as SonarQube
- Experience with dynamic analysis tools such as BurpSuite
- Experience with the OWASP Top 10, OWASP Top 10 proactive controls, and secure web development methodologies
- A solid grasp of web security and Window’s internals
- Experience working with agile development teams and a Secure SDLC.
- Experience working with compiled languages and in particular C++
- Machine learning techniques and knowledge of compiler technologies
- A keen interest in security and a strong desire to learn new technologies
- As we transition into an agile delivery methodology the ideal candidate will drive a DevSecOps approach to ensure that key security controls are hard wired into our software delivery pipelines.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a general Zoom call. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a more specific 1-hour Zoom interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.