The role: iOS Engineer
We are looking for an iOS Engineer to join our International Sports team in Leeds!
Our tech teams can work remotely within the UK, occasionally you’ll need to come to the office in Leeds. Not often, but up to 4-5 times a month and of course, we’ll cover all related expenses. Working as a team is what makes us great and spending quality time together is essential for keeping us mission-aligned.
Are you our next star player?
Reporting into a Lead Engineer or Engineering Manager and working under mentorship of a principal engineer, you will work with a team delivering key parts of our Native application strategy to build and own the industry’s best sports betting and trading platform!
Why we need you
You will help manage the levels of technical debt and help evolve coding practices. You’ll work with Tech Leads, Testers and other partners to ensure we deliver high quality engineering solutions with the right balance between delivery speed vs operational risk. You will work with your engineering manager or lead engineer and principal engineer in supporting the iOS development community within our organisation.
Who we’re looking for
You are self-motivated and willing to contribute at all levels, listening and learning from those around you. Culture is the foundation of success, and we want every one of our team to be a part of it and to drive it.
- Current technical expertise in iOS Development, practices and an up-to-date understanding of app-store rules and regulations. This role will involve delivering technical decisions against organisational goals.
- Experience of unit testing in iOS
- Experience working within scrum or other modern agile methodologies
- Experience in CI/CD in a native iOS environment, having an awareness about the challenges this brings
- A good knowledge of Swift and some exposure to Objective-C
- You understand MVVM-C, MVP, MVC and are able to articulate the pros and cons of each
- A reasonable knowledge of the features, capabilities and constraints associated with supporting older SDKs (although we aggressively push to support only the smallest subset of older iOS versions)
- You’re interested in engineering standard methodology, so we have a clear direction for continuous improvement.
- Our engineers work closely with colleagues in all positions, so communication and interpersonal skills are important for this role
- Modern software engineering relies on iterative, incremental development and fast feedback – we expect a solid grasp of the mechanics of this including a good understanding of automation and its role in modern software delivery
- You are comfortable working independently or collaboratively with good time and prioritisation skills
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus. And we provide advice and dedicated assistance to those moving to Leeds.
Your package will include:
- health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- the option to join our company pension scheme
- looking to extend your family? You will receive a cash gift of £1,000 for your new addition whilst working for us
- discounted gym membership
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
- free fresh fruit, snacks and drinks in the office
- social events; including our sensational summer and Christmas parties.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange, which brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com.
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.