We are looking for a Problem Analyst who will be part of a team managing the full lifecycle of all major IT incidents and problems. You will be responsible for the ownership, ongoing improvements and execution of our problem management processes and form part of the IT Service Management (ITSM) function, delivering value across the lifecycle of IT services, from creation to management and upkeep.
Reporting to the Manager – Problem Management, as part of your day to day activities you will work towards resolving underlying issues through collaboration and data analysis, ensuring all problem records are clearly recorded, assessed, classified, prioritized, assigned and actioned appropriately through to completion, combined with proactive communication and stakeholder engagement.
You will champion, provide guidance, support and train IT teams to ensure problems are managed in accordance with agreed processes and procedures, ensuring a collective focus on reducing both the impact and volume of repeat incidents through investigation, identification and completion of all corrective actions.
You will continuously engage with the incident management teams and conduct post-mortem meetings to diagnose the root cause of incidents, acting also as gatekeepers so that their resolution adheres to the appropriate control procedures of Change and Release Management. As part of the overall ITSM team, you will work together as a group to apply problem analysis techniques to enable trending and analysis of incidents for both pro-active and re-active problem management and to ensure that IT services availability and quality are increased
As part of the problem management team you will also contribute to the ongoing maintenance and management of our internal Knowledge Base and Known Error Database ensuring all relevant details of the problem are recorded and full historic records exist.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in a huge breadth of dynamic projects and initiatives whilst also helping to build and grow our ITSM function within the organization. We are looking for experienced and highly skilled candidates who will thrive in an exciting, friendly and vibrant workplace where you can realize your potential and do amazing work. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries and creating solutions.
- Report to the Manager – Problem Management and help deliver problem management best practice with the aim of protecting our customers and mitigating impacts to the business from avoidable issues while supporting business goals and objectives.
- Conduct post-mortem meetings with other teams to determine the root cause, lessons learned, action items and future prevention.
- Co-ordinate problems and known error in accordance with the problem management process.
- Engage in ongoing process reviews as part of continuous service improvement.
- Own the overall process for problem tickets in order to minimalize the impacts on the business and customers ensuring all problem records are recorded, assessed, classified, prioritised, assigned and actioned appropriately.
- Work closely with other Problem Analysts to produce trending analysis; liaising with the incident management team to escalate any quality issues.
- Ensure rigor and governance is sustained within the ongoing Root Cause Analysis process to support clear identification and escalation of key business risks.
- Providing pro-active and re-active incident analysis to form part of the initial problem investigations and to identify service issues.
- Identify problems by using event log error analysis and other tools, providing evidence to engineers to help identify root causes.
- Co-ordinate key staff to form action plans to complete Root Cause Analysis and ensure these are available for public consumption in a timely manner.
- Ensure root cause analysis actions are completed and resolver groups chased for updates where required, including coordination of post implementation reviews of the mitigating actions.
- Create and update Knowledge Base (KB) articles for workarounds and Known Errors (KE) which are identified throughout the lifecycle of the problem record.
- Provide guidance and any training required to all support teams to ensure problems are managed in accordance with the problem management process.
- Compile Post Incident Reports, manage communications coordinating updates and ensuring accurate auditability of all actions, effectively managing stakeholders’ expectations.
- Customer focused with previous proven experience working in a customer facing role
- ITIL Foundation certification and 2+ years’ experience working in an ITIL environment.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, with an ability to convey complex problems and to translate technical language into user friendly information.
- Eagerness to work in a team and as a team to solve problems but without requiring micromanagement.
- Experience with the Atlassian Tech Stack, mainly JIRA and confluence and familiar with creating real-time dashboard and reports.
- Highly motivated, pragmatic and energetic team player, positive, determined and driven with a can-do attitude
- Good relationship management skills, with an ability to establish, build and maintain influential relationships across the business
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills and good understanding of IT Service Management process frameworks
- Ability to learn and develop understanding for Proprietary develop products.
- Technical background with a broad understanding of the majority of the following: Firewall and VPN technologies, TCP/IP routing, Network connectivity, Domain Names and DNS Management, Web and Mobile services, Cloud Hosting, VMware, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android.
- Ability to travel to both domestic and international offices.
What’s in it for you?
Our experience-based salaries are competitive. Plus, there’s a discretionary annual performance bonus.
Your package will include:
- Health and dental insurance for you, your partner and your children (if you all live at the same address)
- $1,900 as congratulations if you have a baby whilst you work for us
- Discounts on local gyms, restaurants and events
- free snacks and catered lunch
- in-house training and development to develop your skills, progressing your career
What happens next?
If you’re what we’re looking for, next up will be a phone interview. And if that goes well, we’ll meet you for a face-to-face interview.
PokerStars is part of Flutter Entertainment Plc, a global sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider headquartered in Dublin and part of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange. Flutter brings together exceptional brands, products and businesses and a diverse global presence in a safe, responsible and ultimately sustainable way.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on any protected characteristic as defined by applicable law.
We will look to provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process. If you need assistance, please contact: email@example.com
Please note we cannot accept general applications; this inbox is just for providing support to those who need it.